TW200 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
In addition to many of the other recommendations, I also make sure to fill my TW with clear gas, then add Stabil and run it until I am sure it has gotten through carb, then I shut off fuel and run til it quits... let sit for 5 minutes, start and run til it quits again, then just hook up BT and walk away.

One other note about batteries, especially these small motorcycle batteries. If you have ever let it go flat, it usually kills them... The plates are just too small to bring em back alive. So as soon as you start having battery issues, just replace it. At least that is my advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read that thread in case one day i have to push my bike to start it. It happened Yesterday.. forgot the key at ON for 4 hours.. Battery dead. Put the bike at third gear push it ( really not so fast ) it starts at the first try.. very easy to do. Thanks All for all your advice.. this is really helpfull

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know the early T-dubs had kickstarters stock. Is it possible to retrofit one on a newer model? If so where is such available? Thanks.
It is actually not difficult. But finding a kit could be tricky. As I understand it they stopped making them. Try Ebay or search for the individual parts through ebay or online retailers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not what I was looking for. I was looking more for a politician with a tow strap and a mounted boot on some kind of extension pole. This kick starter kit they sell looks like I would have to do the work. "Ya, Mule!!"

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts