TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Put my LED headlight Bulb in today.

9K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  small's 
#1 ·
Put my LED headlight Bulb in today brighter at 24 watts, stock is 60 watts. Auto part
Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Car Engine
Auto part Fuel line Pipe Wire Engine

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Peterb
#6 ·
Reactions: Peterb
#8 ·
#10 ·
Reactions: GTG
#7 ·
Same here... I have four of 'em I got from ProCycle.. one for my DR650, two in my V-Strom and I kept the one from my KLX when I sold it and put it in the TW. In the near future I'll be moving the little POS Mondo Motos aux LED lights off of my V-Strom and onto the TW, since they should put out enough light for it (not nearly enough for the V-Strom) and put something better on the V-Strom... not sure what yet, thinking about those dual-mode Denalis from Twisted Throttle. When I can find the $$ for them that is; the suckers aren't cheap. :/

Rob

#9 ·
HID has become "old" technology. I used to run HIDs in my bikes, til the LED's came out. Now there's no more ballast boxes to have to find places to stash. Power consumption is similar between the two. And LEDs don't take a few seconds to "warm up" like HIDs, which means they can be high and low beam, whereas HIDs are always low beam only.

Rob

Reactions: GTG
#12 ·
Yes the HID's are old school compared to the newer LED lights.
I currently have HID's on my V-Strom and the ones I have are designed to give both high and low beam and those things are bright.
I plan on running them until they croak and replacing them with LED's.

When you figure out what LED's work for your V-Strom I would be interested to know what works for you.

#11 ·
I was considering an LED also Paul, was it a fairly easy install? I suck at electrical aside from changing flashlight batteries. There are other things higher on the priority list before a light but eventually I'd like to make the switch.

#14 ·
Plug and play.

Reactions: Hekkler
#17 ·
I wanted a round headlight...but I also wanted something bright. I just picked up a Baja Designs Squadron Pro. 4300 lumens from only a 42 watt draw. I'm going to wire it using a Skene dimmer. I'm interested to see how much brighter it is than the 8", 100 watt race light I had on my DRZ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.