TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put a new O ring chain and sprockets on.The old chain was all rusted up and some links were seized when I got the bike but it only had 3000 Kms on it so I pressed my luck a bit and ran with it till it was good and done.Maybe not so smart but I did get to the point where I parked it till the new parts came in.It's like a new bike now quiet smooth and I think a bit faster.I guess I got lucky that the old chain didn't fail.I am around 5800 Km now.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Did you go with the stock sprocket sizes?

New chain and sprockets for me as well.

15/50 sprockets and an o-ring chain.

The stock chain lasted 8,938 miles:

jb

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
O-ring chain was the best thing I did for my TW, along with the handlebar risers, hand guards, ricochet skid plate, Golden Boy tire up front, synthetic oil, heated grips, rack, LED dash lights...........:D

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You missed a bit - there's a small speck of dirt on the spoke at 12 o/c ..........
Thanks.

I'll get out the toothbrush and WD40, and polish it til it shines. :)

Actually my wheels, and entire bike are usually covered with a protective coating of North Carolina dirt.

Since I had the wheel off, I thought I'd give it the first cleaning in several years.

Normal sprocket/bike patina...

jb

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'd say you got your money's worth out of THAT sprocket! :D
Naw... That had plenty of miles left. That is a 47 tooth sprocket that I put on at about 2,000 miles, as I recall.

I was trying to make it to 10,000 miles on the original stock chain, which I think I could have done.

This is the original 14 tooth counter sprocket that I was concerned about:

jb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts