TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Don't even think about coming to the Communist state of NY with that ATV. Here, you can buy and ride an ATV on your own property with no issue. If you ride it anywhere off your own property such as on the neighbors or at your hunting club then the ATV must be registered, plated and insured. Here in NY they are off limits on any state owned lands except on frozen lakes that allow snowmobiles. Some counties in the northern mountains do overlook ATV on designated gravel roads but very few.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the pits Gary. As timber companys own most of western Washington they have closed off a lot of riding areas. The forest service doesn't like them either, but now that I am plated and paid tonnage which goes toward maintaining roads I should be able to use them. We do have a lot of riding areas though.
I am looking forward to getting with folks in eastern Washington and doing some riding in the high country. Only thing is is that I am a bit torn between the TW and the quad as that little TW will go anywhere that quad will. The quad will pack everything but the kitchen sink on it. So for doing a campout ride for a week is doable.
Main thing is to just get out and enjoy what we have and the wonderful people we meet on the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts