We have plenty of area for people to camp

I’m sure Randy will be in since he’s there in the winter
And Mel has mentioned to me that he wants to come down

Who’s in?

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
435 Posts
Kofa, Was down there last week riding with Q and Rick from Micigan showed up and he's there for the winter, we all were at mm3 last year. I'll be back about Xmas time. Talked to Mel yesterday and he told me he had talked to you. We'll all meet up i'm sure.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Linda and I will head down after Christmas and she is flying back January 7. I will spend a few more weeks after that in the area.
Looking forward to some riding, but after January 7 would work best for me.

·
Registered
937 Posts
My wife and I and of course Daisy our Cocker plan to get there around the 5th of January and stay about 2 weeks as part of a longer trip. Would like to ride with a TW group and perhaps camp w/ for a few nights...
I usually camp off Dome Rock Rd a few miles west of the Love's gas station. Looking forward to a pizza at Crazy Als Place in town! They have some great food there....

·
Registered
435 Posts
My wife and I and of course Daisy our Cocker plan to get there around the 5th of January and stay about 2 weeks as part of a longer trip. Would like to ride with a TW group and perhaps camp w/ for a few nights...
I usually camp off Dome Rock Rd a few miles west of the Love's gas station. Looking forward to a pizza at Crazy Als Place in town! They have some great food there....
We usually camp at MM 3 off the Bouse Road North of Quartzite about 5 miles. I know Rick and his wife are there now with 2 Tdubs. Most wont be around till late Dec. or Jan.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
ej..you must have retired? yes, no?
Technically, no. I am on a long term service leave. In May, I have to decide if I am going to retire or return to my job.

I am hoping this upcoming trip will get Linda thinking more about retiring.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like there is some interest.
Maybe some will be gone by January
But several so far that January works

We can keep the conversation going
To see what ends up working
As we get closer

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
937 Posts
Looks like there is some interest.
Maybe some will be gone by January
But several so far that January works

We can keep the conversation going
To see what ends up working
As we get closer

Thanks for the replies
Sounds good - I'll be there from the 6th thru the 20th +/- a day or 2....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for posting this up Kofa.
I am all over it, already there mentally to be out of this rain!! Been researching the old mojave trail in Ca.
Will be there all of January, home in February for first grandkid! Hope to be back, but may have to stay home to deal with retirement paperwork and all.
Good luck with your decision Ejfranz. In the same boat, trying to nudge my wife along! Loved having most the last year off. Did succumb though, and just finished 8 weeks of 7-12 night shift.
All the more ready now!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Allanb, too funny we are expecting our first grandchild in March.
Where in NW Washington are you?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
This sounds great! Was planning to get down that way and have been looking for a good travel trailer to pick up. I am trying to stay away from the ones in the N W as I am afraid of water damage and rot. Would like to hang out down there for a couple months and take in Moab on the way back north.

Thanks Kofa for starting this opportunity.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts