TW200 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Today’s ride took us up to the Deere Run Resort B&B. It had it all; putting green, lobby area, and an upright bed (can fit more people if you stack this way).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We (and I say “we” loosely) checked out some mines. It’s loosely, since they were up boulder fields and I stayed down and waited for White Elephant to return. On one, he said he only flipped his bike 360 in the air twice and never made it to the top. Later, we found nice fully-furnished bachelor pads and I settled right in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
To finish off the day, we took in a little bluegrass and quilting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Today, the golf course turned up in the middle of a ride. We have the clubhouse facilities area (e.g. the outhouse), the gallery area and Hole 1 and the “green.” In Kuwait and Saudi Arabia we called these the browns. Of course there, we actually poured oil on them to create asphalt for putting. I think here with 65-yard holes and no way to actually putt, it’s a one-club course. Allan says a 9 iron is the proper club.

·
Super Moderator
14,298 Posts
We couldn't come down there for the right reason this year but I sure wishwecouldve. Hopefully next year. Keep pouring out the pictures for us non-participants. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
So what area are you camped at? In an LTVA or 14 day section? I am ashamed to say that I live pretty close to there and have yet to camp in Quartzsite. We have done a few backcountry trips in the KOFA and have certainly enjoyed that but would enjoy seeing some other areas as well
My friend and I are talking (sometimes that's as far as my trips go) about riding the Peace Trail or the southern California BDR. Anyway you folks have a good time down there.
Mikey

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks Mike. Sorry you aren’t here. We’ve been camping at the Hi Jolly BLM campground north of town.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well, my riding buddies took off today. Mr and Mrs White elephant headed north to Lake Havasu and AllanB headed south to the Kofa. I started off looking at some yard art. Later, I checked out some mines and just rode around in some washes to improve my sand and gravel-riding skills. I’m pleased to report that I only dropped the bike 4 times and have progressed from a 1 to a 2 on a 1-10 scale. Tomorrow, I head south toward Yuma.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
And for those you starving for something to look at, here’s a bird.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
What, no dripping springs pictures, what about the Good, the Bad and the Ugly or the Hogs back. You can’t visit Quartzsite without riding those trails.

Reactions: TrialRun
41 - 50 of 50 Posts