TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo If Me and misty go on a Ride over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house we go..... will Riding Misty through the river hurt my engine if it cools it Too excessively? (Not talking about submerging her but In general. Like when I get home I wash all the mud off her and also blast the Cooling fins Instently too to get the mud out of them.
Is that going to hurt her?

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
It's done all the time with no ill effects bro. Ride On!

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Good to know,Tommy. I have had that unanswered question floating around between my ears for some time. Good of Blackfire to ask. They say the only stupid question is the one un-asked, yet I still feel stupid asking it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
273 Posts
You know I should have known that, having watched the various videos of water crossings that are posted here, but somehow I never put two and two together. I always waited for the engine to cool before washing the bike because I thought I might "hurt" something. Bike can run submerged through a river, but said bike can't get washed with water from a hose when it's hot... Dumb.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
That being said, I still wash around the bike a little before hitting the engine directly when it's hot...;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Soooo If Me and misty go on a Ride over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house we go..... will Riding Misty through the river hurt my engine if it cools it Too excessively? ....
No, but if you have not done the carb vent Y-tube installation (see stickies) and you get more than calf deep you will most likely stall the engine and have to push it out. Best way to go through a river is as slow as you can still balance, even if you put a foot down occasionally. Take it from one who has soaked their electrics and spent an hour drying them out more than once.

·
Registered
852 Posts
ive been blasting through creeks for 30 years on atcs, quads, and tws and never seen or heard of any problems so my suggestion is to ride on and makes sure you do the y vent, tighten up the carb and airbox connections and youre good to go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts