• No problems for me !!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have shopped with them a few times...

I am happy with their prices, but they really need to work on their Customer Service. The lady I talked to on a previous issue acted as if I was lying about the problems I was having and I was trying to cheat them out of something. I work in Customer Service in a retail environment, and if I EVER treated a Customer this way, I would have been counseled at the very least.

So, I started shopping with another company.

So here we are today: The other company did not have what I was needing, so I thought I would check with MSS. Yup, they had it. So I thought I would give them another chance. I ordered the things I wanted. It's now been SEVEN days and my order hasn't even shipped yet. I call them and get a very nice person on the phone who says that they will look into it. I get a call today and they tell me that it will be shipping tomorrow. I asked what the deal was and she said it was a billing problem. I had my Bank acct pulled up and asked what possible problem could there be if they have had my money since the day I ordered.. She didn't know.

Anyone else have this problem or something similar?

I order stuff online ALL THE TIME! I have never had consistent problems with anyone any where near this..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Bummer.

I have ordered tires and some other stuff and never had an issue.

I think they might be located near southern Oregon (or at least have a distributor there). When I ordered dual sport tires for my previous bike (DRZ400S), they were at my door step in 1 to 2 days. Extremely fast shipping for just standard ground shipping.

I tried to vote on your survey but you didn't give an option in the problem category for people who haven't had problems. A "Never had a problem" option needs to be added.

Hope you get your stuff soon...

·
Registered
908 Posts
It's been a little while since I bought through them so maybe things have changed. It's a bummer to make an online purchase and have to wait forever for someone to get your stuff shipped out.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Most of the online stores don't stock everything they sell, tires, especially. Most drop-ship tires, and sometimes everything else, from places like Purts Unlimited or Rocky Cycle. These are huge companies with giant warehouses. Considering the wide variety of motorcycle parts and accessories available this is really the only way. Your best-stocked retailer can't carry 1% of what is available. There are probably probably 400 different tire sizes, with many having 15-20 different tires from which to choose. Is it reasonable to expect a retailer to inventory 4000 tires? I'm willing to bet when color and size are factored, there are probably 500 or more choices of handgrips on the market today.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of the online stores don't stock everything they sell, tires, especially. Most drop-ship tires, and sometimes everything else, from places like Purts Unlimited or Rocky Cycle. These are huge companies with giant warehouses. Considering the wide variety of motorcycle parts and accessories available this is really the only way. Your best-stocked retailer can't carry 1% of what is available. There are probably probably 400 different tire sizes, with many having 15-20 different tires from which to choose. Is it reasonable to expect a retailer to inventory 4000 tires? I'm willing to bet when color and size are factored, there are probably 500 or more choices of handgrips on the market today.

Goggles +replacement lenses were ordered ....

·
Registered
512 Posts
They've done well for me. One thing lately though, with the snow storms going on throughout the country, shipping has been quite slow Stuff I ordered a week and a half ago are just now showing up at my door. Of course, it sounds like they haven't shipped your item(s) yet, but I thought I'd mention slower shipping issues for the past couple of weeks.

Dan

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Goggles +replacement lenses were ordered ....
I'm guessing they don't dropship goggles, but if a specific model/color/size is ordered and they don't have it in stock, they order it in on a shipment from a wholesaler once or twice a week, then reship. Hence, the delay. This is also a common practice.

Most sellers do everything they can to close out an order ASAP. Every seller occasionally has problems. It is how they deal with problems that make the difference.

Bad example: I once ordered tires from an out-of-state seller on Friday night that were dropshipped from Parts Unlimited on monday. Emails and calls to the seller went unanswered for 3 months, so I finally went to UPS myself, found out they were shipped from Parts Unlimited, 3 exits up I35 from mine, went there and found out they were returned by UPS without a delivery attempt (shipped on Monday, returned on Tuesday, can't be done without a day on the truck for delivery) so was UPS's fault they weren't delivered, 3 more months of unanswered calls and emails to the seller, then started bad-mouthing the seller on every motorcycle board I could find, which got their attention and a refund, after 6 months and doing my own detective work. Never ordered from that seller again.

Good example: I ordered tire, chain, sprocket, and grips for Tdub a few weeks ago. Immediate email with shipping dates. Tire arrived in 48 hours. Chain and sprocket came in a few days. All earlier than promised. Shipping date for grips arrived, and received email of unexpected delay and revised shipping date with offer to refund or credit or wait a few more days instead of tracking number. I chose to wait. The grips did ship on the rescheduled day, along with a note apologizing for the inconvenience and a $10 gift certificate with the packing list. I will happily do business with these folks again.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Only ordered once. Ordered Nov 29th at 7:30pm received it on Dec 1st at 5:15pm. That's less than 48 hrs!

Got helmet, goggles and boots for a great price with free shipping!

Too bad you had a bad experience with them Mike.

Right now they have 20% OFF on FMF 4 Stroke Exhausts.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I have purchased from Motorcycle Superstore many times. Shipping has been so fast (one state away) as to suggest all parts always (for me) are in stock. I contacted a sales rep. to order stuff not listed. The rep. was very willing and seemed to work hard to get the job done. The receipt of the parts took a bit longer and required an extra call or two, but worked well for me. I will say; prices are good, customer service (for me) good, website very easy to use, and for me, very fast shipping.

As well; for me, Bike Bandit has good prices, but very slow shipping on OEM stuff. For me, Stadium Yamaha in Texas will always be my first try for OEM Yamaha stuff. Good price, Great customer service and 'fast' shipping. Gerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts