TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one for my TW, but looking at it, it doesn't look like you can actually consume all of it's contents. It appears that the non petcock side will have a quart or so of fuel that isn't useable. If any of you have run it out of gas, how much were you able to put in it? It looks like there should be a crossover tube or something.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It actually has a second reserve. After the main reserve runs out, lay the bike on it's side to transfer the remaining fuel to the petcock area. Beats walking.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually has a second reserve. After the main reserve runs out, lay the bike on it's side to transfer the remaining fuel to the petcock area. Beats walking.

Gotcha! I'm usually so tired by the time I hit reserve that I tend to fall down along the way, I'll just make sure I fall left

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Be aware that if you pull over and lay the bike down to transfer fuel over to the petcock side some dipshit LEO is likely to try to ticket you for failure to maintain control. Happened to me.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Be aware that if you pull over and lay the bike down to transfer fuel over to the petcock side some dipshit LEO is likely to try to ticket you for failure to maintain control. Happened to me.

"It is the responsibility of the driver to make sure there is adequate fuel in the vehicle!"

I heard this from a cop once. A lady was <50' short of making it into the gas station and had to park in a red zone. While she was pouring gas in the tank the cop pulled up and gave her a ticket.

·
Registered
232 Posts
"It is the responsibility of the driver to make sure there is adequate fuel in the vehicle!"

I heard this from a cop once. A lady was <50' short of making it into the gas station and had to park in a red zone. While she was pouring gas in the tank the cop pulled up and gave her a ticket.

Sure it wasn't a ranger in a white truck?

How ya doing tony?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Hey Larry, Do you mean your friend ? If the state goes broke maybe all those rangers will get laid off and we can ride the endless trails from Skyline to the ocean.

I am doing OK. You haven't been around. Hiding out someplace warm and dry??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts