TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will really sound like a newbee but what does TW stand for?

When I was younger they used to have what Yamaha called a fatcat, is the TW a new addition to the fatcat family?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Trailway is the series of TW bikes.

Trail Wing is a line of Bridgestone tires that also happen to be stock on the TW.

Fat Cat is a Honda, similar to the Yamaha Big Wheel (BW) series.

The TW200 was released in Model Year 1987, so they are all right in there from the mid-80s.

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
When accuracy counts ,listen to WA Larry.
For indeed it was TrailWay originally before some marketing genius earned his big bonus by truncating the name to just TW. Must have been an attempt to capture more of that edgy youthful market that make up us average Forum Folk here. I think this was also the year their Bold New Graphics Division ran out of new plastic color combinations to pick from a hat.;)
Otherwise feel free to use some of the wacky names seen here, or create your own version....something like Trail Whale if you ever get it stuck in a mud hole... or Totally Wicked when it churns right out of that same mud hole.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang it I knew better then that of coarse it was Honda that had the fatcat lol. I always thought I wanted one of those things for some strange reason. I have had mine TW for a matter of 3 weeks and really seem to like the way it just scoots through town so easily. I bought it just to run around town instead of using my truck all the time. I live in a town of 10000 so I can go from one end to the other in a matter of 10 minutes on this thing. Anyways always enjoy reading through the threads on here and asking a few questions here and there, you guys are a kick. Thanks again for having penitence with this new comer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts