TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this topic has been pegged but i thought i'd add another couple of pics of my solution. (these are very similar to truelight's )

before:

after:

in place:

i may jb weld them, but the seem to be holding tight as is.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Nice Joe! This is the route I'm gonna take on our two bikes, thanks for the pics and write up!

Bag

·
Registered
566 Posts
You don't get a better write-up than that. Well done.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Just wondering... how close does the tire get at full compression? Any danger of the wingnut ripping into rubber?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wondering... how close does the tire get at full compression? Any danger of the wingnut ripping into rubber?
i'm not going to say it couldn't but i looks like it would hit the back frame first. the left one clears, but to the right side it's about 6 inches, so you'd really have to bottom out, that's max rear travel.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not going to say it couldn't but i looks like it would hit the back frame first. the left one clears, but to the right side it's about 6 inches, so you'd really have to bottom out, that's max rear travel. you could make them shorter, but then they would hit the frame, and defeat the purpose of making them tool-less.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am not sure if yours are any longer than mine. I have lightly rubbed one of mine a few times in the hard wheel stuffs.

Mine are 1/2" slack adjuster pins with a roll pin to twist, Drilled and tapped for the threaded stock.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not sure if yours are any longer than mine. I have lightly rubbed one of mine a few times in the hard wheel stuffs.

Mine are 1/2" slack adjuster pins with a roll pin to twist, Drilled and tapped for the threaded stock.

yours are cleaner looking for sure. nicely done.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I'm a bad man. I haven't had my seat secured with the nuts for years!

I have no good excuse/reason/lie for not securing the seat, but your work here has me reconsidering the whole "no nuts" thing! Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
...your work here has me reconsidering the whole "no nuts" thing!
I'll look around, I may have a couple spare slack adjuster pins at the shop?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm a bad man. I haven't had my seat secured with the nuts for years!

I have no good excuse/reason/lie for not securing the seat, but your work here has me reconsidering the whole "no nuts" thing! Thanks

You neutered your mule???
:huh:

:p<_<

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
You neutered your mule???
:huh:

:p<_<

Ha ha, touche! That there is funny. I mean I have no idea what you're talking about!

@HenryJ. Thanks for the offer, but I got the stuff in my shop, just got to get over being lazy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome fab! The seat removal issue wasnt thought out well in the design phase. Off to HDepot manana!
Thanks!
JeffO

·
Registered
363 Posts
I took a look at this idea and have yet to appreciate why this mod is really needed. As it is the 10mm bolts are easy to get out (in the shop anyway) and I would be a bit concerned that debris could get thrown up under the seat byn the rear tire so that the extended bolts could be bent or torn loose. Just thinkin...or not !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got tired of grabbing the tools to remove the seat, so I had my wife (she's the hobby welder) weld a washer onto the head of each nut. The washers were used (thus free) and she was already welding on her own project so it was a quick fix. Gives me enough grip to twist the bolts without anything getting in the way or needing tools. She welded a large washer on our kickstands and re-welded her kickstand after I lowered her bike (drilled a new hole below the shock - lowered the forks some - gave my shorty woman an extra needed inch). I do the cutting and follow directions :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts