TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of these two scenarios, which would result in Richer running bike? Assume humidity is at 50% for both of them.

3000 foot Elevation, 50 degrees F
Sea Level, 90 degrees F

Which would be richer? By about how much? Just trying to get an idea of how much temperature affects jetting compared to elevation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The air at 3000ft @ 50F is less dense than 0ft @ 90F, so 3000ft @ 50F runs richer

I can understand thermals, but I don't know enough about different jet sizes to tell you how much of a difference it'll make to your bike's performance.

*Edit: This is assuming constant humidity, which won't necessarily be the case. If the higher altitude is less humid than the lower altitude, the difference between the two scenarios is smaller.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Here are some more "calculators" for jetting. Interesting for some, intimdating to others. Calculators Or you could do what most of us do, just ride it.:D

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Quick, silly answer: sell your bike and buy one with EFI.

LOL, just kidding (mostly). I don't have a clue. This is why I refuse to ever touch the settings of a carburetor. Sure it can be improved, but it can also really be screwed up (and even "improvements" are likely to be detriments in certain circumstances - even just considering performance/optimization). I just leave them bone stock. I figure you won't have an optimally running bike in any given scenario, but you'll have a running bike in any given scenario.

Also, how many miles do you currently have on the 919? 70k is pretty sweet.

Reactions: saabbug

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Quick, silly answer: sell your bike and buy one with EFI.

LOL, just kidding (mostly). I don't have a clue. This is why I refuse to ever touch the settings of a carburetor. Sure it can be improved, but it can also really be screwed up (and even "improvements" are likely to be detriments in certain circumstances - even just considering performance/optimization). I just leave them bone stock. I figure you won't have an optimally running bike in any given scenario, but you'll have a running bike in any given scenario.

Also, how many miles do you currently have on the 919? 70k is pretty sweet.
Jeeezzzz K.J. Your a party pooper!:p Screwing around with things best left alone is part of the game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts