TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make the bike more quiet without compromising performance? I take it through the woods and sometimes I don't want to draw so much attention. Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Look at ATV silencers and such, as seen here. There shouldn't be a huge performance drop, but you can fiddle with your baffling and whatnot to get it right, and keep it removable for when you get back on the street.

EDIT: This link can throw you a few more ideas. Ronnydog's 2 stroke can was a really good one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here are the pics from the link above.

I'm going to add one to the '04 TW that I just picked up. It will be easily removable by means of bolt together flange.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would love to hear the difference the additional silencing makes. If you have upgraded your muffler for quietness, please post a brief video clip (before & after would be awesome).

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Do some searching. There are some detailed threads on here about the subject. I think guys have made such good silencers for the exhaust that the noises from the old rattling air cooled engine made it not worth the effort. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Is there a way to make the bike more quiet without compromising performance? I take it through the woods and sometimes I don't want to draw so much attention. Thanks

I got some fiberglass muffler stuffing from the local ATV/Yamaha dealer, wrapped the cone with it and secured it with a couple of loose wraps of stainless wire.

It definitely makes it a little quieter and I did not notice any performance loss. Cheap Fix!

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Video was taken with my phone at work. 100+ tons of coal unloaded in about 8 seconds. When both units are at full load(1900 MegaWatts) we burn 750-800 TONS or coal an MINUTE. All the electricity goes to LA.

Haven't bothered to see if I can fix it. For now just crane neck 90 deg. to the left.

My internet connection is barely faster than dial-up. The muffler video took over 2 hours to upload.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts