TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", "Jupiters Travels", "Blue Highways" and a few other like the back of my hand. I've never read Milan Kundera but I came across a quote at the opening of the movie "Road" about the Dunlop family and TT their dynasty. Narrated by Liam Neeson.

The movie has a slightly edited version, here is the full quote -

Why doesn’t the motorcyclist have any fear when he’s behind the wheel? Because the man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time; he is ousted time; in other words, he is in a state of ecstasy; in that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.

Wow. Ok.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Euphoria knows no boundaries!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Movie Quotes count???

"Come on God, answer me. For years I'm asking why, Why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive? Where is justice? Where is punishment? Or have you already answered, have you already said to the world: here is justice, here is punishment, here... in me." — Frank Castle

(from 1989's "The Punisher" starring Dolph Lundgren

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
"If you think about it, a kiss is just putting your lips on the sweet end of 66 feet of intestinal tract."
Ryan Stiles
It makes me think about the quote "kiss my ass". :p

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
In our obscurity - in all this vastness ... there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere
to save us from ourselves ~

Carl Sagan

·
Super Moderator
17,941 Posts
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth ~

King David

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
"The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, about the 1911 Pistol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts