TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang masked bandit tried to make a meal out of my little finger when I started to let him out of a trash can. Had to get eight shots with three of them in my finger with three more to go. So remember critters may be cute but be care full around them and if I start acting a little crazier than normal you'll know why.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Wow. I hope you will be OK. That's serious stuff there..

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
Ungrateful trash monster. I hope your ordeal goes no further than the shots.

Last night I got rid of a big rodent with some shots of my own. He or she (the rodent, which had cat like feature) was fighting with our outside pussy cat (Kittywampus). I'm kind of protective of family members even though kittywampus won't let me pet him much. I'm not sure who was winning the battle but I won the war. Kittywampus lives to tell his tale in kitty language. The rodent with cat like features is "swimming with the fishes". I have a small hole in my garage wall where 1 of the 3 shots escaped. If Mrs. Admiral reads this, none of the shot I administered hit the new USS Jackass Gulch TWcraft Carrier parked right beside the garage. Phew!

·
Registered
167 Posts
here is something i have been thinking about doing.
It is a thought for those off moto-camping (or even not) out there.

I had read sometime ago that there was now a rabies vaccine for humans, think it was by mouth like polio one is (sugar cube).

edit :
Well, i cant find it now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately, I've had to "relocate" several raccoons and skunks over the years. They are both nocturnal critters. If they are out in the middle of the day and acting odd, they are suspect. Skunks in our area are bad about carrying rabies.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I had a bat attack me about 5 years ago.....during the day! Thank God I was able to keep swatting it off and not getting bitten while running to my truck - when I got home I loaded the 410 with fine buck shot and went looking for the lil SOB - never did see it again. I was picturing the shots in the stomach - - no thanks.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
You mean you didn't kill it with a hammer?

Admiral, are you OK?

Ungrateful trash monster. I hope your ordeal goes no further than the shots.

Last night I got rid of a big rodent with some shots of my own. He or she (the rodent, which had cat like feature) was fighting with our outside pussy cat (Kittywampus). I'm kind of protective of family members even though kittywampus won't let me pet him much. I'm not sure who was winning the battle but I won the war. Kittywampus lives to tell his tale in kitty language. The rodent with cat like features is "swimming with the fishes". I have a small hole in my garage wall where 1 of the 3 shots escaped. If Mrs. Admiral reads this, none of the shot I administered hit the new USS Jackass Gulch TWcraft Carrier parked right beside the garage. Phew!

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
You mean you didn't kill it with a hammer?

Admiral, are you OK?
Weak moment for me I know.

Sometimes I'm kind of slow on the draw. I got so excited because the dogs were going nutso in the house and hearing cat fighting screams (and rodent with cat like feature screams) that the first thing I did was get a hiking stick which looks like a ski pole and forgot all about a hammer. Course, I would have been kind of scared with a hammer as I would have had to conduct hand to rodent with cat like features paw combat. I found out quickly the ski pole has no oomph behind it no matter how quickly you swing.

During the commotion of me chasing the rodent with cat like features around the Jeeps, I was able to strike a couple good blows but with no weight on the end of the hiking stick I had to grab the next best thing, a gun. You know, all us 'merican's carry guns in the garage. I also took a little time and let Kittywampus out doggy door I had secured early on during the scrum.

Well, it wasn't exactly like this as I had to go back into the closet to find said gun. Gotta hide the guns from the young'ins so they don't hurt themselves or worse...me. Then I had to find the ammo. Don't keep the ammo with the guns they say. Crap, I hid the ammo but can't remember where. Finally, found it but now back in the garage, I can't see clear enough in the dim light to take clear aim at the rodent with cat like features. Gotta unload and put gun back down (on Jeep hood hoping the rodent with cat like features doesn't know how to shoot a gun) and go find a flashlight...for clearer aim don'tcha know. That found, sort of (found POS flashlight instead of good flashlight), I'm back on track hunting down that dastardly mean Kittywampus hating rodent with cat like features.

I'll spare you the gory details but as said previously, the rodent with cat like features is now "swim'in with the fishes". After all that I had completely forgot about using a hammer. Maybe next time if there is a next time.

I think Kittywampus might be afraid of me now because I haven't seen him since said commotion in the garage a couple nights ago. Hey, I let him out the doggy door so he should know I'm the good guy right?

And that's the rest of the hammer-less story.:p

Disclaimer: No animals or rodents with cat like features were harmed during the telling of this story. Before the story telling maybe but not after...I swear!

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Golf club makes a pretty good fast acting nimble tool that can deliver a compelling blow when needed. I take one on hikes occasionally
Maybe Admiral could park one in the garage?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts