TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Here is my luggage rack build in progress.

Starting out with my tube bender and half inch tube.

The die is a bit too big but it's better than nothing.

The base is 30cm by 40cm.

Next will be the cross bars and back stop.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cross bars in...

Start of the bracket that will come out from under the seat...

I can't do anymore until my entrenching tool arrives because I want to fit it underneath.

Time to start on the front rack....

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
You might be on to something. Your racks are looking good. Once you get it perfected you may want to offer building and selling them to the TW Tribe similar way the "Jimbo Shield" is done.

If you have the time and want that is

By the way, thanks for posting these photo's of your project.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

It's a lot of fun, cutting, drilling and welding etc.

I can't wait to pile on the tent and beer and get out there!!!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've thought about a front rack over the headlight. A load on the CycleRacks front rack will block the headlight. I've also thought about a pair of dune buggy pod lights with HID conversions mounted on the rack itself, but higher, high enough to clear a sleeping bag on a low rack. A light bar could serve as a back rest for luggage.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've thought about a front rack over the headlight. A load on the CycleRacks front rack will block the headlight.

Doesn't seem logical to put stuff in front of your headlight.

I'm going to try and attach small side pouches to the front rack but I haven't found anything suitable yet.

Also need a headlight grill.

Cross bars put in today.

Welded rack to under seat mount.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brackets from indicator mounts.

I swapped the flashers and turned them over because they were a little bit too close to the tube.

Maybe I'll put them back to original, not sure yet, I'll wait till I've finished the front rack.

Got some nice narrow magazine pouches for the front.

Looking forward the next workshop evening.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

THAT'S awesome, I haven't seen anything like that on a TW yet! It looks like it bolts into just 2 spots, easy-as-pie to install!

I assume a nice ammo can will fit on there quite nicely, or something with a similar dimension. .?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sly,

How is your front rack supported? I can see where it mounts to the upper triple tree bolts, but is it attached elsewhere?

THAT'S awesome, I haven't seen anything like that on a TW yet! It looks like it bolts into just 2 spots, easy-as-pie to install!

You spotted it!!!, the rack does need support, I've used the fork clamps on the bottom yolk.

I've also attached a bracket for two 1960's British ammo pouches, they were cheap ($2) and good dimensions.

As you can see the bracket is a bit strange to match the back of the pouch.

My next issue here is securing the bottom of the pouch, haven't decided on a plan yet....still in field testing stage!!!

The area above the headlight is for a roll mat or a tent, I don't want it piled up too much.

I have strapped on my tool roll to the lower yolk but it is too heavy unsupported (over the big bumps).

Later I will bridge across from my two forks clamps to support the tool roll.

Another modification I want to make is a handle that is bolted to the mudguard mounting.

It's purpose is to make dragging my TW out of the ruts easier.

Also raise the mudguard and extend it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
really nice! Im in the process of building my saddle bag mount... I plan on going with ammo cans on the sides..
I can't seem to find, or I haven't ran across, any one who made their own saddle bag mounts.. i'd like a few ideas.

im more of a DIY kind of guy.. no reason to send money on something you can put time in to and be proud of your finished hard work!! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I made my rack from a old shopping cart.took the part a child's back rests against. Was laying around my corporation yard. Got ok from the boss. Saw saw saw. Bend .bend bend.weld weld.weld . Tah Dah. 1 useable rack. Wont carry the buck meat. But fits a coupleb bucks of meat just fine. ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
really nice! Im in the process of building my saddle bag mount... I plan on going with ammo cans on the sides..
I can't seem to find, or I haven't ran across, any one who made their own saddle bag mounts.. i'd like a few ideas.

im more of a DIY kind of guy.. no reason to send money on something you can put time in to and be proud of your finished hard work!! :eek:ccasion14:

check on the 'classifieds' board, there is a sticky post from tinman tim, he builds luggage carriers and the metal boxes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts