TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Long time lurker first time poster. Just bought my Tw200 last Saturday and since I can’t register and ride due to current global issues I figured why waste time and go ahead get it outfitted for summer.

looking at racks and such. I see the cycle racks but I feel it maybe too wide for my use. I won’t carry much of anything extra aside from snacks and go pro stuff.
Then I came across the precision racks and side luggage. Does anyone have experience with either? Pics from top down on the cycle rack? I also looked at other racks but some seem cheaply made and one mentioned drilling holes which I don’t wanna do on a new bike.

edit: also looking for a front rack as well.

·
Registered
20,163 Posts
Precision side luggage and rear rack seem like a good new option for medium duty carry. Nice discovery, am unaware of any others using this system.

Cycleracks $154 front rack seems overbuilt & overpriced for something that if used will likely block the headlight. Some like to hang 20 pounds of RotoPak fuel and water containers and brackets off of them to adversely affect the handling so guess they need the strength. Many here instead fabricate their own front racks, often above the headlight so that a modest amount of cargo can actually be carried legally without blocking headlight.

Welcome. I would suggest forgetting about plating new bike for the moment and just go ride off-road...Peavine, Moon Rocks, Pine Nut Mtns all are among many options available now, just watch out for clay mud build-up that can lock up front wheel if you retain the stock front fender installation.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Hello everyone. Long time lurker first time poster. Just bought my Tw200 last Saturday and since I can’t register and ride due to current global issues I figured why waste time and go ahead get it outfitted for summer.

looking at racks and such. I see the cycle racks but I feel it maybe too wide for my use. I won’t carry much of anything extra aside from snacks and go pro stuff.
Then I came across the precision racks and side luggage. Does anyone have experience with either? Pics from top down on the cycle rack? I also looked at other racks but some seem cheaply made and one mentioned drilling holes which I don’t wanna do on a new bike.

edit: also looking for a front rack as well.
welcome to the nut house and good first post. i did have a rack from Precision, but on my dr650. it was a nice rack, built well and a good price. the only racks i have had on my TW are Cycleracks. i think Man Racks has something worth looking at if you want a smaller rack

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred you sound like you might be local. Maybe once all this does off I can get some people to show me some trails.
Grewen I looked at man racks idk I just like the precision racks ad they seem to also have a nice aesthetic to the racks. Also looks like the side racks may help strengthen the sub frame the way they mount.

·
Registered
20,163 Posts
Sure, let's ride someday. With a handle like"Fishfullthinking" you must be an interesting fellow worth meeting.
Your skill & level of comfort when off-road? ...region has rides from mild to wild.
And yes, the Manrack products are very nice but a bit pricier.
Did notice Precision pannier side racks are located somewhat forward compared to the competition. Good for something over the saddle like Giant Loop bags but possibly not as good for a passenger's comfort.
tw-200-side-racks.jpg

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Fred you sound like you might be local. Maybe once all this does off I can get some people to show me some trails.
Grewen I looked at man racks idk I just like the precision racks ad they seem to also have a nice aesthetic to the racks. Also looks like the side racks may help strengthen the sub frame the way they mount.
that is the big one, the subframe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My handle comes from what I named my boat. I’m new to riding off road. Usually rode old cruisers as my hobby is restoring barn find bikes. Well until I ran out of room. Now I’m just gonna build this tdub for me

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got the side racks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts