TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to carry my TW on the back of my camper using a rack that slides into the hitch receiver. Can anyone with any experience with a certain brand recommend one to me. Thanks

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Hi Tony, and welcome to the forum!

There are lots of options for racks out there. The VersaHaul rack is a great one that I have owned, the downside is they are very expensive and very heavy. I would suggest checking your local Craigslist as these will often pop up with very reasonable prices.

Brian

·
Registered
320 Posts
My buddy bought a very well built hauler with a modified loading ramp the previous owner fabricated. It was complete with lights for $125 off craigslist. We had to modify it a bit at my shop to handle,the wide TW tires, but it was easy to do. Worth keeping an eye out for something like that...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I used to do that but now I use a small tilt trailer that...... makes it much easier to load and unload the bike...…. and to haul additional items like a generator and additional bikes when necessary.... and to get in and out of the camper if it has a rear door.....there is also the concern about the levered weight of the bike and rack on the PU's rear suspension , tires and the center of gravity of the load .... the trailer is un sprung weight that has no effect on the hauling capacity of the PU....the trailer being a small part of the towing capacity...yes, I know a trailer can often be a pain in the ass.....and needs to have tabs and be maintained.

I suspect that a majority of pickups with campers are overloaded as it is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts