TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up the racks a few weeks ago, but my last attempt to paint the "pale blue" plastic failed miserably, so I said to hell with it and ordered all new plastic. It took three weeks for it all to come in. Finally showed up today, so I wasted no time in getting the bike back together.

2015-04-18 15.02.16.jpg

2015-04-18 15.02.37.jpg

2015-04-18 15.03.15.jpg

2015-04-18 15.03.40.jpg

2015-04-18 15.04.23.jpg

The top rack, as I mentioned in a previous post, is a modified ManRacks rack from a DR650. The side racks are from a friend's 2006 BMW F650GS that he sold and didn't include the racks. I modified the mounting points and added some new ones so they'd fit. I made the left side stick out just as far as the right because I mounted a tool tube on the inside.

On the top rack, I welded up some plates on the underside and nuts to them so I can easily bolt that Pelican case on there (leftover from years ago on my DR650), or swap it to a Rotopax mount.

The point of the whole rack exercise was to stiffen the rear subframe. I can now lift the back of the bike off the ground with the racks and there's no flex whatsoever. I think I accomplished that goal. :)

While I was at it, I had leftover mounts for the little plastic Givi E21 cases that I run on my DR650, so I put those on too. Now in the extremely unlikely chance I ever need to, I have the ability to carry luggage.

And lastly, I built the fender eliminator out of a spare sheet of aluminum and used a $10 eBay LED taillight.

Note: The front fender is still the original. It's the only piece that actually came out after painting. I'm hoping to get a new one from a local guy eventually. I was going to put the Acerbis supermoto high fender on it, but when I got the fender, it's not a pure white. It's more light blue, and that was what I was trying to get away from. Grrr.

Rob

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Nice job Rob. I have the same side boxes on another bike but was thinking of making brackets for the TW. When I get my computer back from the shop I will post a pic of my home built brackets using an aluminum plate, a couple bolts with the heads ground round and a piece of angle iron.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looking good! Wish I was that handy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts