TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rail Trail in Idaho is a great place to take any motorcycle,atv,utv out on. If you have a chance to go to Yellowstone National Parkit is on the way there buy Ashton Idaho. One part of the Trail starts by Ashton ID, and goes North following an old narrow gauge railroad bed.through some beautiful scenery. The surface of the trail is made of cinders from old coal used on the railroad. The trail has historical markers and pictures of what it looked like way back in time. Still one of my favorite places to go on a TW. There are different trails that take off from the main trail that goes to West Yellowstone. I wish Utah had a trail like that. Don't take me wrong,Utah has a lot of great riding outdoors. Just wish they could take some old railbeds and make a main trail system from it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Any pics or maps?

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Utah actually has some Rails-to-Trails like the Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail ,20 some non-motorized miles of trail from Park City to Echo Reservoir. No motorcycles like the Astonia to Tetonia Trail.

IDAHO: map.jpeg map-bridge.jpeg map2.jpeg .....And closer to Yellowstone and The Big Tits ( Gran Tetons, those early french trappers got lonely away from family and loving embraces and it shows in the place names they left behind ) . map3.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts