·
Registered
3,359 Posts
such beauty in the barrenness

thank you

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Like the Peruvian flute music, can imagine you are wandering somewhere in the Atacama.
Impressed with both the yellow riding gear and unique camera angles that show you and the bike off. Will have to get your cinematography secrets someday.

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
We have something similar here — the old copper mine half a mile from me. Can’t ride it though, too treacherous, with hidden mine shafts everywhere ….

5839659947_671f59a3ce_b.jpg

Look up "Parys mountain" on Google if you want to know more ........

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Such desolation and beauty. Reminds me of The Forbidden Zone in "Planet of The Apes", the real one, 1968.
But you just haven't made it to the sea and ending yet.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
HaHaHa, Good One.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like the Peruvian flute music, can imagine you are wandering somewhere in the Atacama.
Impressed with both the yellow riding gear and unique camera angles that show you and the bike off. Will have to get your cinematography secrets someday.
Have you ever seen the Atacama Mummy/Skeleton? Look that one up if you have not.

I don’t feel safe without my Hi-Viz on!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Such desolation and beauty. Reminds me of The Forbidden Zone in "Planet of The Apes", the real one, 1968.
But you just haven't made it to the sea and ending yet.

Classic!! Now I’m going to be screaming "It’s a madhouse” all day!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have something similar here — the old copper mine half a mile from me. Can’t ride it though, too treacherous, with hidden mine shafts everywhere ….

View attachment 190062

Look up "Parys mountain" on Google if you want to know more ........

Super cool! I’ll look this up while I’m out at lunch today!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Till Death Dual Us Sport™;988266 said:
Have you ever seen the Atacama Mummy/Skeleton? Look that one up if you have not.

I don’t feel safe without my Hi-Viz on!
the atacama mummy is sort of an oddity, but these are from near my wife's hometown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Llullaillaco

thought provoking, what rituals are the norm and who claims them as such.

the deserts of northern argentina and chile are rather chromatic and beautiful too. i've never been fortunate enough to ride them either.
so many places to explore.
1.jpg 1 (1).jpg
1 (2).jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts