TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have 2 Ram Mounts on all of my bikes. One for Phone and GPS

I have Garmin Zumo's that are waterproof, made for motorcycles and come with the bike mount. I use the X-grip for Phone

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have a bout 10 of them. Some are the "small claw" type that you can temporarily mount on and off anywhere. Use mostly for my GoPro's ao I can move them around whenever I want. Or my Garmin non-powered mounts. Then I have a bunch of the regular U-Shapped ones that you put on more permanently. 2 of them will be going on my new bike this morning as a matter of fact. One for powered Garmin and the other for the X-Grip phone holder.
Converted all my GoPro accessories (which suck) to Ram Mount adapters too. Incredible products.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have RAM mounts for both my GPS and GoPro remote. Never had a problem with either of them...good products!
By comparison, I've had the cradle for my GPS break (not made by RAM) while riding.
So now, just as a precaution, I will wrap the lanyard of my GPS around the base of the RAM mount. If the mount ever breaks (I doubt it)...then the GPS will still be dangling by its cord.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I run two of these, one on each handlebar clamp. one for a GPS and one for my phone

·
Registered
682 Posts
Did I just "like" a troll comment? Yup!

Reactions: TW_in_BC and troll

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Out two (2) of these Rams on each end of my CXRF450L last evening. And one on the Big Ruckus tonight about an hour ago:

IMG_1867.jpg

I've been using Ram small claws for phone & GPS for the last few months. Wanted to really see where I wanted these devices to be before I added the u-clamps. Easy to move things from bike to bike to bike. I ike the small claws especially for cameras.

IMG_1868.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can't beat a RAM mount. Been recommending them for decades now... tried many others... nothing works as well, is as versatile or secure. Every bike has a 12v lighter port and a RAM ball mounted, so the Zumo or 765T or Mio (yes, so old I still have a working, hacked and skin'd WinCE based GPS... doh!) can be moved easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts