TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This mount should work with the iphone 3 or 4 in an otterbox defender case. Mine is the iphone 3. The top hooks work on spring tension to hold the phone in and or take it out. It's very secure and works great with the free GPS apps. Getting her ready for Tennessee!

·
Registered
30 Posts

This mount should work with the iphone 3 or 4 in an otterbox defender case. Mine is the iphone 3. The top hooks work on spring tension to hold the phone in and or take it out. It's very secure and works great with the free GPS apps. Getting her ready for Tennessee!

I have been curious about doing the same install for my iphone for the Garmin GPS app. Could you show us more detailed pics of the wiring and power supply hook-up? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You can see in the pic where i mounted the 12v plug in. I just used velcro for actual plug and a few zip ties on the wiring. I have done a little bit of testing and it hasnt moved so far. I already had a battery tender plug on the bike so i bought another battery tender plug and cut the other end off and hooked it to a 12volt cig plug in. I made this for my sv a few years ago because i had a battery tender plug under the seat and i could just plug this in and charge my phone in the bag i had on the rear seat. I think battery tender actually makes a 12v plug with a tender plug in on the other end. My tender plug is in the front of the left side panel so i can unplug the 12v and plug in the battery tender. I ran the wire along the main bundle under the tank and there is a small fuse up by the battery in case on a short. These are the only two pics i have for now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Arkon SM032 ROCKS for both the iPhone and Android phones on the TW. I love it, because as mentioned above, it has full mud protection, plus it has a convenient (yet nearly sealed) cut-out on one end for power and headphone connection. As you can see, it is $20 on ebay delivered.

I use an Android phone (a Samsung Galaxy S2/ i9100) with an extended battery. It fits without flaw, and simply required me to loosen the handlebar bolts to install dead center.

I also downloaded several trail-oriented GPS apps from the Google store. Let me know if you want more information on these and I can post. In the photo below is AllTrails, which has trail suggestions, and also tracks your route so you can share with others or store in your phone for the future.

Click below to see it all in action:

[media]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1761C4010E0493FB!405[/media]

I am a Microsoftee...so these technology things matter to me.

Matt

·
Registered
395 Posts
Click below to see it all in action:

[media]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1761C4010E0493FB!405[/media]

I am a Microsoftee...so these technology things matter to me.

Matt

problem with a case like this is the on switch for the samsung galaxy sii and others is on the side of the phone. the above finger type mount scares me....

I'm using the Ram Mount Aqua Pro20.

it allows access to the side buttons,the rear camera works and its somewhat water proof-ish. a single release lever on the back removes it from the mount and then can be snapped into a belt holder. It does not support power cord, but i think for my SII i might be able to gimic something.

mount on the left is for spot messenger and the right is Garmin Oregon 550. when the phone lights up for a call or something, the reflection isnt as bad and the touch screen still allows access to auto reply, "ON BIKE".

·
Registered
35 Posts
With the power cord, you can leave the screen on and don't need access to the side power button...

Your setup looks GREAT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts