TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not or ever will be a Harley/poker run sort of person. So I mostly hang out with people that ride 'everything else.' We have a weekly bike night at a British pub near my house and I have always liked that the bikes that show up are a random sampling of whatever and are mostly stock or not modified with neon lights, eagles, or tassels.

Photo from last night

bike_night_2014-07-28.jpg

I like the face I get to park next to a Matchless, a Grom, a Velocette, and a bunch of Honda fours.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I posted it for sale as a feeler and it sold in 35 minutes .. I still have aftermarket parts for it .. im sure I will get another one .. that bike was so much fun to ride

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I have a weekly Bike Night a few miles from my house and have never been it is at the Arizona Cardinals Stadium bars I just figured it would be a Harley show and tell I just might check it out on my DR650.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've ridden vintage Vespa scooters to Harley ride-ins before just because. Fortunately there are regularly scheduled events in central Iowa for non flashy/harley type stuff. For guys who just like machinery and riding more than being seen or heard in traffic. I like seeing something new. I don't care if it's a Victory that looks like a space ship or an Ariel square four. I want to experience something I've never seen before.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm not or ever will be a Harley/poker run sort of person. So I mostly hang out with people that ride 'everything else.' We have a weekly bike night at a British pub near my house and I have always liked that the bikes that show up are a random sampling of whatever and are mostly stock or not modified with neon lights, eagles, or tassels.

Photo from last night

View attachment 8523

I like the face I get to park next to a Matchless, a Grom, a Velocette, and a bunch of Honda fours.
I grew up having the following in my stable and worked about 10 years in the motorcycle industry as a gopher, mechanic or service manager for a number of dealerships... all the while swearing I would NEVER own a Harley:
Yamaha - GT80, RD350, DT360, DT125 and XV920R
Honda - CT70, Z50, CT90, S90, CL175, CB500-4, V65 Magna, VT750 and CB400 Hawk
Kawasaki - KE100, 350 Avenger
Suzuki - TS75, TS90, TC185, GT380, GS1000E, 250 Quad Racer, PE175, DR250 and a GS1000GT
Bultaco - 100 Lobito
Ducati - 125S Bronco

Then... something happened... I.. wanted... a... HARLEY...

So now, add:
Harley Davidson - FLHTCU Ultra Classic (converted to StreetGlide), FLSTN Deluxe and XL1200L Sporster

And bought this:
80-picture_php_pictureid_154483_9ebc285c0db0a4d6181b4e4e2422fcc1001ae3b4.jpg

Converted it into this:
80-picture_php_pictureid_154487_4bceabb93f0aca54b5c6230e4f88476e42521c76.jpg

Got the wifey a Deluxe and we had the best time of our lives (so far). 90% of our riding was just us. Like you, I'm not into clubs, and poker runs and that sort of silly-ness.
Here's us, deep in the Texas Hill Country:
80-picture_php_pictureid_154488_734ba0cd926549b65d717f15a41380cbe03c8f78.jpg
(helmets are behind the scooters)

Now, they are all gone... been a few years.... and the "bug" has bit us AGAIN!
Now... we are on the hunt for a pair of His-n-Hers TW200's :)

EDIT: Scratch that. We bought a new 2013 TW200. One down and one to go!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
It is unfortunate that all Harley riders seem to get stereotyped.

Even some of the hard core bikers that I know have interests that encompass all types of motorcycles/motorcycling. Even scooters and mopeds.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I grew up having the following in my stable and worked about 10 years in the motorcycle industry as a gopher, mechanic or service manager for a number of dealerships... all the while swearing I would NEVER own a Harley:
Suzuki - TS75, TS90, TC185, GT380, GS1000E, 250 Quad Racer, PE175, DR250 and a GS1000GT
Bultaco - 100 Lobito
Ducati - 125S Bronco

Then... something happened... I.. wanted... a... HARLEY...

So now, add:
Harley Davidson - FLHTCU Ultra Classic (converted to StreetGlide), FLSTN Deluxe and XL1200L Sporster

And bought this:
View attachment 8700

Converted it into this:
View attachment 8701

Got the wifey a Deluxe and we had the best time of our lives (so far). 90% of our riding was just us. Like you, I'm not into clubs, and poker runs and that sort of silly-ness.
Here's us, deep in the Texas Hill Country:
View attachment 8702
(helmets are behind the scooters)

Now, they are all gone... been a few years.... and the "bug" has bit us AGAIN!
Now... we are on the hunt for a pair of His-n-Hers TW200's :)

EDIT: Scratch that. We bought a new 2013 TW200. One down and one to go!
Why did you sell the Harleys? I had the 1976 AMF Harley Davidson Enduro back in the early 80's then went on to many many bikes. I still have a bunch. I have the 2004 Harley Road King Classic. Every year or should I say every two month I have a fever for another bike. This has gone on for years. I always think of selling Harley to get funds for the next bike but I don't. After about a month off the Harley I really enoy a ride on it for what it is. I am more bored with my local roads than the Harley so many times the Harley goes back to the garage to sit again. The TW is great but it can't satify long distance rides so I picked up a left over Super Tenere.
I noticed your in Texas Hill Country. Is that north of Austin?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bultaco - 100 Lobito
Ducati - 125S Bronco
How'd you like that RD 350? lol, I rode a friend of mine's back in the early 80s and it was scary fast. Who-da-thunk it, a 2 stroke street bike.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is unfortunate that all Harley riders seem to get stereotyped.

Even some of the hard core bikers that I know have interests that encompass all types of motorcycles/motorcycling. Even scooters and mopeds.
Agree
I feel I am a real biker. My definition of a real biker is, one or more bikes occupy my time, conversations, free time and I ride. I have my favorite bikes, over time my passion for one model or manufacturers changes. I ride a Harley but I edit what I talk about to certain people at my favorite Road House. I rarely wear the traditional cloths Harley riders wear but do own the costume and have no problem with all that goes with the look or attitude of total dedication to only American made bikes. I feel the biker that is total Harley is either satisfied and that is good or not interested in other bikes or doesn't actually know all his/her options.

The best thing I found is due research on as many bikes as I find interesting. . After many conversations around the states or globe I find many bikers may ride one manufacturer but have fond memories of other manufacturers from their youth. Many people end up on Harleys or BMW as they age but at some point enjoyed a smaller Japanese bike in their younger years.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
five miles away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts