TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a great time through sand on the Tdub, riding two up on my Ruckus with my daughter…. Bee hit me in the neck and stung me!

Y’all have any random events while riding??

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was riding a rented BMW F650 in Australia, doing maybe 110 kph on the highway, when a small bird flew into my right foot. It hit so hard it knocked my foot off the peg and made it go numb with pain. I had to pull over to the shoulder and wobble to a stop, being careful to get my left foot down as I felt nothing in my right foot.

After about 10 or 15 minutes of hobbling around on my left leg, the feeling started to come back in the right, and eventually I was able to start riding again. My foot ached for a couple of days after that.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Moose Racing??? One time I was cruising down a forest road when I spooked up a young bull Moose. He ran alongside the road with me for about a hundred yards. I'd say about 10 yards in front of me on the right. He gave me a couple of looks over his shoulder before turning into the trees.

Reactions: Workingman and Fred

·
Registered
122 Posts
Gotcha beat, Papa!
Years ago in Arizona while riding a motorcycle, (XL250 if I remember right) I had a larger than usual Tarantula Hawk fly up my jacket sleeve all the way up to my armpit. He apparently thought my jacket flapping was an attack and proceeded to defend himself, by stinging the crap out of me. I must have looked like I was having a seizure as I tried to keep control, stop, & beat the thing to death all at the same time. Somehow I got stopped without killing myself or getting hit, jumped off & stripped off my jacket & shirt. The ornery bastard had stung me 9 times through my shirt in the shoulder, bicep, & armpit before I pounded him to his component atoms. The pain was unbelievable. I vomited several times. It was 45 minutes before I could ride, even with bystanders helping with ice, water, & sympathy. There was an emergency room less than 1/2 mile away, thankfully. The emergency room doc filled me with antihistamines, antibiotics, & pain killers- I wasn't right for at least a week.
Hand Plant Arthropod Insect Pollinator

·
Registered
209 Posts
Something that size doesn't qualify as a random event. Was it a nice jacket? It's obvious he had designs on it to which you nearly obliged. He just failed to factor in the deconstruction part.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Gotcha beat, Papa!
Years ago in Arizona while riding a motorcycle, (XL250 if I remember right) I had a larger than usual Tarantula Hawk fly up my jacket sleeve all the way up to my armpit. He apparently thought my jacket flapping was an attack and proceeded to defend himself, by stinging the crap out of me. I must have looked like I was having a seizure as I tried to keep control, stop, & beat the thing to death all at the same time. Somehow I got stopped without killing myself or getting hit, jumped off & stripped off my jacket & shirt. The ornery bastard had stung me 9 times through my shirt in the shoulder, bicep, & armpit before I pounded him to his component atoms. The pain was unbelievable. I vomited several times. It was 45 minutes before I could ride, even with bystanders helping with ice, water, & sympathy. There was an emergency room less than 1/2 mile away, thankfully. The emergency room doc filled me with antihistamines, antibiotics, & pain killers- I wasn't right for at least a week.
View attachment 218718
That must have been an agonizing pain..
9 times Holly heck ..
Hopefully it was running low on venom after the first couple of hits
Im surprised that you were able to keep the bike up ..
Hell of a man ...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had a bat swoop down one night and hit me square in the forehead..
It knocked me plum off of the bike ...
I was riding my DT400 down a country back road about 45 mph ...
I thank God it didn't hit me in the eye ...
The oll head was busted open pretty good... Still have the scar ..
Guess I should have been wearing the Hemet that was on the back rack ....lol
The bike was fine... It came to rest in a soft cauliflower field ....
Nothing in life is free ..we pay a price for riding .... Yes it's worth it ! ! !
mike from NC

Reactions: Ken and Fred

·
Registered
122 Posts
That must have been an agonizing pain..
9 times Holly heck ..
Hopefully it was running low on venom after the first couple of hits
Im surprised that you were able to keep the bike up ..
Hell of a man ...
It was, believe me. When I got down to about 10mph, I just stepped off and dropped the bike on the gravel shoulder.
Adrenalin drove me to get the jacket & shirt off, and verify it was dead, then the real pain hit.
I was much younger & tougher then... I think two stings and I'd just give up & die these days. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
riding two up on my Ruckus with my daughter….
Bee hit me in the neck and stung me!

Y’all have any random events while riding??
Also, Been stung riding MC and bicycle.
Ruckus - is sort of a mini-me TW.
Like mine a lot.
Curious- how do you ride two up on it ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've taken two bees to the face, one stung while the other just splattered. I usually keep the visor off my helmet and just use impact rated sunglasses, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't put it back on. Also had a snake strike and bounce off my boot, almost hit a hawk carrying most of a squirrel, almost ran over another snake, rescued turtles, almost had a dead bird fall on me for seemingly no reason at all, damn near hit deer on two occasions, and was hit up for a ride by a tweaker chick that I nicknamed "Methany". And probably some other stuff. TW life is the good life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also, Been stung riding MC and bicycle.
Ruckus - is sort of a mini-me TW.
Like mine a lot.
Curious- how do you ride two up on it ?
Thanks !
Ha it’s tight. My daughter is 13 and we sometimes ride around the neighborhood or back country roads off family property.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
As a stupid young man I did not wear a jacket in warm weather. That was a mistake as a giant flying water bug nailed me in the t-shirt clad chest at about 65MPH. I'm not kidding I thought I'd been shot! Big bloody welt right in the center and enough pain to bring tears to my eyes. The next day I ordered a Vetter Wind Jammer and put my jacket back on. A couple of years later a crow flew right into the Vetter's windshield. Needless to say money well spent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I guess I have to remember my nightmere. Going to high school in 1985. I was about 50 ft behind a truck with plywood in the back. He was in the right lane and when he moved over in front of me a piece of plywood flew out and hit on end right in front of me then bounced up and hit my fearing and helmet then bounced off over me. I can still see it in slow motion.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well I guess I have to remember my nightmere. Going to high school in 1985. I was about 50 ft behind a truck with plywood in the back. He was in the right lane and when he moved over in front of me a piece of plywood flew out and hit on end right in front of me then bounced up and hit my fearing and helmet then bounced off over me. I can still see it in slow motion.
Wow, scary!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts