TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this guy riding down a very busy two-lane each way road yesterday in heavy traffic. He was doing wheelies one after another. Nearly hit the car in front of him a couple of times as it was "Stop and go traffic". I tried to catch him to tell him what a jerk he was but never caught up. Later that same day, on the same road he passed me in the other direction, riding with his feet up on the gas tank. He probably has no idea he's doing a disservice to everyone who rides a motorcycle when he's pulling stunts on heavily traveled roads in heavy traffic. Worse yet he could cause a wreck and hurt somebody else. If I see him again I'm going to call the cops and report him for being a douchebag and endangering the General Public. Rant over...

·
Registered
378 Posts
A few years back we had a motorcyclist killed in a crash with a car on a busy city street. The local news crew was interviewing the guys family. They went on and on about how good a rider he was and how the guy in the car should be arrested for murder. After several minutes of this they talked to a police accident investigator. He said "The motorcycle was estimated to be going in excess of 90 miles per hour in a 30MPH zone. No charges are pending for the driver of the car who suffered minor injuries."
It is these idiots who the general population sees us all as.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I tried to catch him to tell him what a jerk he was but never caught up.
TW life.

I'm all for playing around and having fun, but there's a time and a place for it. Traffic or anywhere you're in a position to harm anyone but yourself or damage property that isn't yours is not the place. I see a lot of YouTube videos where riders are splitting lanes/filtering and hauling ass between cars that are at a dead stop, then have the nerve to get pissed and lash out when someone tries to switch lanes. Splitting is fine and all, but it's not a free-for-all personal motorcycle exclusive highway.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
"...RANT: Stupid Motorcycle Drvers..."

Mr. Elk Eater -

I agree with you 100%. Of course.
Except for one thing.
This guy was not "driving" his motorcycle...he was "riding" it.

We drive cars & cattle.
We ride motorcycle & horses.

Thank you.
You are returned to you usually programming...

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's something that really bugs me, and seems extremely dangerous. Show off over showing caution for riding on public roads, lame. Head to some back roads, some property or a place where there's no one to injure but yourself and have at it.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
A few years ago my Wife and I where at Daytona ready to cross a street. The light changed and the crosswalk sign light came on. As we started walking a bunch of clowns on their rear wheels came tearing through nearly running Roe over. When we came back the same thing happened! That was the last time for Daytona.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
That's really irresponsible of them. I only do things like, the two cars in front of me don't move even after being honked at when the light turned green. I jumped the divider, passed them up and made it through the light. The other day, there was a flashing left turn light and the cars wouldn't even attempt to cross the intersection that was being illegally blocked. I passed the two cars, maneuvered between the cars blocking the intersection, ticked them off and they honked. I guess they were mad because I made it around the illegally blocked intersection.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
That's something that really bugs me, and seems extremely dangerous. Show off over showing caution for riding on public roads, lame. Head to some back roads, some property or a place where there's no one to injure but yourself and have at it.
thats a bipolar avatar compared to your last one.. lol.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We have a new issue similar to that in our area. It's all the super moto dual sport bikes with 20 something idiots. The new trick is to pull a wheelie and hold it for as long as possible. Problem is they are all to chicken chit to shift gears. So they hold it in gear with their open exhaust, wide open down the road. Funny when they get 3 or 10 in a group. It's like a group of Shriner clowns going down the road.

My problem with it is getting stopped by the local law harassment individual. Saying they are having complainants about "you guys" and your dual sport bikes. Wish I had a camera when I took off my helmet and he saw my old face. I nicely told him he had the WRONG bike and started the bone stock exhaust DR. Guilty cause I ride a bike thanks you stupid young punks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"...RANT: Stupid Motorcycle Drvers..."

Mr. Elk Eater -

I agree with you 100%. Of course.
Except for one thing.
This guy was not "driving" his motorcycle...he was "riding" it.

We drive cars & cattle.
We ride motorcycle & horses.

Thank you.
You are returned to you usually programming...
Mr. Darth Old Great One,

I stand corrected. Actually I am sitting, but you get the idea. Thank you for your sage acknowledgement of the error of my verbification.

Happy Trails! 🙂

~ E.E.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just a couple days ago in anearby town, two people killed in a 3 vehilce accident involving a motorcycle.

As the police report is laid out, the motorcycle rider crossed the center line into oncoming traffic, and broadsided a pickup in the quarter panel, then collided head on into a minivan that was follwing the pickup.

Both the rider and his passenger (girlfriend) were killed as a result.

News article:

Torrington police identified the victims as 36-year-olds Danielle Dubois and Christopher Massey, both of Torrington.

The crash involved a motorcycle, a pickup truck, and a small van on Route 4 in the area of University Drive around 6:30 p.m.

According to police, the driver of the motorcycle was traveling east on Route 4, crossed the double yellow line, and hit the quarter panel of a pickup truck traveling west.

The motorcycle then struck a small van head on that was also traveling west on Route 4.

Massey and Dubois were ejected from the motorcycle and died at the scene.

Memorial in the paper starts thus:

The local couple killed in the motorcycle crash Wednesday evening on Goshen Road are being remembered for their community involvement and willingness to help others. Christopher Massey and Danielle Dubois, both 36, died after the motorcycle they were on went off the road and down an embankment after colliding with two vehicles.

The article ends because of pay to read rights, but two people died, almost certainly as a result of distracted driving. Happens in less than a blink.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
We have a situation in NYC like this.
The cops have a "do not aprehend" rule in effect for those asswipes that ride ATVs, motards, sports and other bikes:
The wrong way on a one way street (YES, in Manhattan)
Wheely-ing through crowds.
Racing as a horde of 15-20 bikes, taunting motorists.

The mayor (The Douchebag) has told his Gestapo to stop, detain and ticket every OTHER motorcyclist. People (commuters) have been getting tickets because their visors were open to the first click, and other nuisance violations. Talked my way out of a few, will not go to the city on a bike again.
FU, NYC.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Mr. Elk Eater -

I will never get verbificated again!
But I will join you in a cold one...
:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
We have a situation in NYC like this.
The cops have a "do not aprehend" rule in effect for those asswipes that ride ATVs, motards, sports and other bikes:
The wrong way on a one way street (YES, in Manhattan)
Wheely-ing through crowds.
Racing as a horde of 15-20 bikes, taunting motorists.

The mayor (The Douchebag) has told his Gestapo to stop, detain and ticket every OTHER motorcyclist. People (commuters) have been getting tickets because their visors were open to the first click, and other nuisance violations. Talked my way out of a few, will not go to the city on a bike again.
FU, NYC.
when all those assholes get together and take over the streets.....well they have snow plows don't they...that would slow some of them down

1 - 20 of 28 Posts