TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son turned 11 on Friday. For awhile I've been combing the want ads for a youth ATV for him 80-125cc. Most nice ones were $1000 or more, which I was willing to spend if I had to but really didn't want to go that much. Lots of machines with issues ("Oh it just needs a carb cleaning" ads). Finally an ad popped up on Craigslist for a 2008 Raptor 80 for $600 just north of Springfield, MA. Tuesday I worked a 12 hour day then made the 4 hour round trip out to get it. Very nice machine! Great shape. Needs a battery and probably a carb cleaning. My trailer didn't fair the ride out so well. Wheels had some play, the guy greased the bearings for me for the ride home. The pin on one side that holds the ramp up was bending so i had to use a couple extra straps to hold that up so it wouldn't bend more. I drove straight to my parents' house and parked the trailer and all in their garage to hide it. Thursday night after my son went to bed, I went over there and towed it home and hit it in my garage under a sheet. We had a party with family over for him on Friday and the last gift he opened was the key to the machine and the bottom of the box said "Look in the garage".
Here's a link to the pics and videos on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/greg.monty.5/posts/10155144139919715?pnref=story

I had to jump it to start it, first thing he did was a donut in the front yard, since we had a couple inches of slushy snow. I got it into the back yard and let him ride around for about 45 minutes, and taught him to shift. It's a 3 speed manual with auto clutch. He had a blast!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Greg, that's way cool. He's the happiest kid on the planet right about now!!!!! Nice job Mom and Dad, he looks like a great kid!! :D I bet he didn't get a wink's sleep thinking about it!!!

My son turned 11 on Friday. For awhile I've been combing the want ads for a youth ATV for him 80-125cc. Most nice ones were $1000 or more, which I was willing to spend if I had to but really didn't want to go that much. Lots of machines with issues ("Oh it just needs a carb cleaning" ads). Finally an ad popped up on Craigslist for a 2008 Raptor 80 for $600 just north of Springfield, MA. Tuesday I worked a 12 hour day then made the 4 hour round trip out to get it. Very nice machine! Great shape. Needs a battery and probably a carb cleaning. My trailer didn't fair the ride out so well. Wheels had some play, the guy greased the bearings for me for the ride home. The pin on one side that holds the ramp up was bending so i had to use a couple extra straps to hold that up so it wouldn't bend more. I drove straight to my parents' house and parked the trailer and all in their garage to hide it. Thursday night after my son went to bed, I went over there and towed it home and hit it in my garage under a sheet. We had a party with family over for him on Friday and the last gift he opened was the key to the machine and the bottom of the box said "Look in the garage".
Here's a link to the pics and videos on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/greg.monty.5/posts/10155144139919715?pnref=story

I had to jump it to start it, first thing he did was a donut in the front yard, since we had a couple inches of slushy snow. I got it into the back yard and let him ride around for about 45 minutes, and taught him to shift. It's a 3 speed manual with auto clutch. He had a blast!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
My son has the Badger 80, which I think is basically the same. We bought it used when he was 8 or 9. He's 21 now and in the Army, it's still running! We're saving it for the grand kids. Do the maintenance and it will last a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts