TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no denying it I like rat rods and bikes...shiney paint is not my thing, I like unrestored stuff. I have what I think is a rat 4by 1960 chevy, the body is all original but the drivetrain is a hodge podge of stuff, it has a 1969 frame, 73 camaro engine,85 front and rear ends,72 chevy trans and t-case, steering box out of a 77 chev truck. I drive this every day as my work truck. so I know some of you here have seen pictures of this but I have done a few upgrades lately. Like 900-16 sta superlug tires and purple horney side pipes. I know this is not most peoples cup of tea but I like it a lot:) so any body else have one? post a picture I would like to see them. 20151030_164752.jpg 20151030_164815.jpg

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cool truck. I have always loved that body style. One of my first 4-wheeled vehicles was a '65 Chevy stepside with I6 and three on the tree.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Very nice roadkill, I am a fan of your work.. My first truck was a '62 and I loved the forward canted "A"-pillar. Mine had the rare full width rear window.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Advertise the new finds for sale in Reno around Hot August Nights hot rod festival. Folks might go nuts over even a clapped out rusty panel delivery. I see things like this for sale for stupid high prices.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with this rat.
resize vision.JPG IMG_0515.jpg
GPz front end, Messy welded up straight pipe exhaust, crazy knobs on back, And just primer on the tank.
Runs and digs in the sand better than you would expect. So do I go all out and "scramblerize" it?
My heart sayes go for it, my pocketbook says part it out to needy vision riders.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I had a '61 Chevy Apache, short wheel base, fleet side, 6 cylinder, 3 speed, with a big back window. If it had been a 4X4 I never would have gotten rid of it but I did to buy a brand new '77 K10 Chevy. I swear the Apache was a better built, solider, more rugged truck. And the 6 cylinder was a little low in the horse power department but it did take me every where I wanted to go plus it was super easy to work on -- one barrel carb and easy access to everything else. My only complaint is it would jump out of 3rd gear every once in a while -- I never did figure out what caused that and I tried a lot of things to fix it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 23713 View attachment 23714
GPz front end, Messy welded up straight pipe exhaust, crazy knobs on back, And just primer on the tank.
Runs and digs in the sand better than you would expect. So do I go all out and "scramblerize" it?
My heart sayes go for it, my pocketbook says part it out to needy vision riders.
Go for it! nice thing about ratting something out is there is no rules just do what you like and make that vision in your head come to life:)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
The rat rod and rat wrecker tradition is very much alive out west. Don't have one myself but here are more than a few choice examples: images-31.jpeg images-30.jpeg images-29.jpeg images-28.jpeg images-27.jpeg

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
View attachment 23713 View attachment 23714

Needy vision riders? The seeing impaired type or the Yamaha Vision riders?:D Looks like it is pretty cobbed up already and parts are rare for that bike, I vote for selling it to a "Needy Vision" rider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts