TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you experienced getting a rattle or a rock sound bouncing around in your exhaust? I’ve taken it off and tried to shake it out or hopefully break it up more whatever it is but no luck. It’s very annoying when the engine idles. I don’t want to buy a new exhaust. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If it's in the muffler, that is serviceable. There's a screw that comes out and the rear assembly slides out. I made a thread on how to do this if the screw gets frozen rusted in place. I'll see if I can find it and paste the link here for you.

EDIT
Found it!
(4) How To; removing the spark arrester | TW200 Forum

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately the rattle was too far down to grab with the rear assembly off. I’ll google a replacement exhaust and see what I can find.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My buddy drop a drill bit in his muffler and he was able to fish it out. But he was prepared to fully remove whole exhaust.
Sort of off topic... when I first got my bike I tried to remove the tip but stripped the jis screw with a Phillips screwdriver... got it out with a impact driver. I have since replaced the screw with a old bolt from a battery terminal that takes both a screw driver and 10mm socket for easy future use. I also grease the edges attempt to prevent rust in . Good luck with your rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts