TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I had my MSR fuel bottle in my storage tube and noticed a fair amount of rattling while riding off road. I already had a piece of foam in the cap of the storage tube but it obviously was not enough to stop the rattling. So here is a picture of what I did.

bottle.JPG

A few bands of rubber cut from a mountain bike inner tube. They are placed unevenly because that is where the paint was wearing off from the movement in the tube. This took up most of the clearance between the tube and bottle. Now I have a rattle free fuel bottle. Not a hi-tech mod, but the rattling was annoying. Just thought I'd share my idea.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Hi Scotti,

I like this idea!

While I never actually have noticed mine rattling, I did notice that the paint was wearing off the bottles. I used a couple layers of duct tape to accomplish the same thing, but your idea is simpler, cleaner and easily removable.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I store my extra fuel in a 5 gallon can in the back of my wife's explorer:D Although with this setup I will have to walk to the nearest pavement to retrieve it because God forbid her new explorer get any dirt on it's wheels:rolleyes:

Tom

·
Registered
736 Posts
I checked my SIGG fuel bottle again and it barely moves in the tool tube. I doubt that I would hear it over the sound of the bike. the bottle is already aluminum so no paint to wear off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts