TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I have for sometime now, wanted to host a get together at our ranch in South central Washington, and have finally gotten off my duff and gotten a start.

Memorial Weekend, I would like to have any TWr's so inclinded to come out and spend the weekend, or whatever part of it you can manage, with us.

We have some neat riding there and I think it will be a great time of year as the creeks should still be running and the wildflowers out, but not the snakes or skeeters!

So here's the plan. Gate will be open Friday 5/25 through Monday 5/28 and all are welcome. We have ample space for camping and even have a couple rv hookups (power only) one of which is already spoken for by Mrs. Zombiestomper. But we have LOTS of room for plenty of campers, tents, horse trailers, whatever.

I also have some indoor accomodations as I know some don't get along well on the ground. Shoot me a PM and we'll disscuss any particulars you want to work out and don't be shy as I have to make accomodations for myself anyway.

I plan on providing the following:

Water and Tea/Coffee.

Dinner Fri/Sat/Sun nights.

Breakfast Sat/Sun/Mon Mornings.

Light lunch items all days.

You are welcome to bring something too, there will be an extra fridge in the shop.

I will have extra gas/oil on hand as a real town is a 35 mile hump.

Power, water, Port-a-Pot's, firewood etc.

Showers/laundry in the house.

I have the ability to project movies on the side of the barn, so bring your riding video's!

Your family is welcome. Bonus if they ride too. ATV's/other bikes (or mules
) can come as long as someone in the family is on a TW.

Your dogs are welcome as long as they/you realize they don't live there and my dogs do.

What I expect from you:

Sign a release.

Respect my home.

Anyone that doesn't will leave.

What I hope to accomplish:

Meet good folks.

Swap contact info.

See cool mods/farkles.

Have fun.

Learn some new stuff.

I am open to ideas for contest/games. (quickest tire/oil/chain change or maybe a team effort to get a TW over/around/thru/under an obstical)

I would appreciate a head count so we know about grub/accomodations etc, but noone will be turned away for showing up at the last minute. (but you will have to help with the dishes !)

So that's it. Please let me know if you have ideas that will make it a better event. I am pretty sure that we will even have some prizes for different things. (farthest distance, coolest mod, etc)

More info will be provided as my dumb ass thinks of things. Ideas welcome !!

Bag

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Interesting, very interesting! Not to give away your ranch location, but can you tell me a nearby town or general area? Wife will want to know? Well, I will too, but I can anticipate at least one of her questions.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, very interesting! Not to give away your ranch location, but can you tell me a nearby town or general area? Wife will want to know? Well, I will too, but I can anticipate at least one of her questions.

See? the Location! I knew I was forgetting something . . .

We are about 35 miles SW of Yakima WA. We are about the same W of Toppenish.

Non riding things to do . . .

Heritage museum in Toppenish. Murals in Toppenish. (google it)

Lot's of wineries past Toppenish.

Ft. Simcoe Sate Park. (Hiking distance)

My Wife's crazy Uncle with some World Famous Horses. Really. Her cousin does most of the horse/animal training for the movies for the last 20 years.

Of course if someone is really bored I have about two miles of fence that needs picked up off the ground!!

We are about 3-3.5 hours from Seattle and/or Spokane. We are about 6 from Boise and/or Portland. Anyone that want's the exact address just PM me and I'll send it so you can punch it in your Navi. But if you find Ft. Simcoe State Park on the map, your pretty close.

I hope lot's o' folks can come, and I hope we have a fantastic time!

Bag

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a little photo teaser to peak your interest in the Rond-e-voo . . . . This is my lovely wife playing in one of the creek crossings.

I believe this was last January, when we were short of snow and were playing with our then new to us TW's!

I will post up a pic now and then so folks can get an idea of the ranch terrain.

Ride Safe!

Bag

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Still a ways out and lots of things can change, but me (TW) and the Finance Minister (Wife-ATV) are most likely coming. Georgie plays well with others, but we'll probably leave her home. Unless she pouts uncontrollably. Sounds like it will be a fun time!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Admiral, that's great, I know my Wife will be there, and Mrs. Zombiestomper, so your Finance Minister will have some adult company!
And I think Georgie should deffinatly come, heck, she probably has more TW miles that most of us on here! Our dogs (Mork and Mindy
) are pretty good hosts.

Rain, Awesome ! Can't wait!

Bag

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks Bagger...this is all going to be so good. Will have the ZS and DR all gussied up for the festivities and bring the Ginger too!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool deal ZS, I really only wanted Ginger to come, but knew it was a package deal!

Can you pass this on to Tim also? I don't think he gets on here much, but what's a get together with out Tim?

Besides, then I'll have someone to smoke cigars with!!

Here's another pic, D again (much better to look at than me . . .
)

[/img]

Bag

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is known as "Upper Tier Parking".

[/img]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried and tried to talk myself into hitting this . . . . but reason prevailed. (or the thought of D sitting there laughing her butt off while I sank in the mud . . . .)

[
[/img]

Bag

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Bummer
, Bagger that a bad weekend for me. We will be camping/fishing over at the potholes with the family. We camp at the game dept. launch. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for putting it together. Are you able to make it over to the poker run just out of Vantage?? Rainman posted some info. Looks like a friend and I will be coming over for that ride.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bummer
, Bagger that a bad weekend for me. We will be camping/fishing over at the potholes with the family. We camp at the game dept. launch. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for putting it together. Are you able to make it over to the poker run just out of Vantage?? Rainman posted some info. Looks like a friend and I will be coming over for that ride.

Double Bummer! The ironic thing is we have a house in MoHole (live right next to ZombieStomper) too and normally on that weekend would be bombing around on the bikes with ZS and Mrs. ZS!

You will be missed, but don't worry, if folks think this weekend works out to be worth the trip, we plan to do it a couple times a year !

Bag

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been remiss in keeping this going, sorry. The event is getting closer and we are really looking forward to it. I will start keeping a better eye on this, just been crazy at work.

Here's a couple more pics.

This is the view of the ridge that is on your left as you drive the last bit to the ranch.

And this is D and the bikes looking out at the above view.

We are really looking forward to this and hope it's a great time.

Bag

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh Man, Bagger..I just finished sending you a message about getting together haha ! That is my grandsons birthday weekend unfortunately! This sure looks like fun though and a beautiful area....This is a good thing you are doing..

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh Man, Bagger..I just finished sending you a message about getting together haha ! That is my grandsons birthday weekend unfortunately! This sure looks like fun though and a beautiful area....This is a good thing you are doing..

Well that's the pits! Heck, he'll have lots of Birthdays . . . fear not. If all attendee's don't pass out and slip into a boredom induced coma, we plan to do it a couple times a year. Probably spring and fall.

If I know ZombieStomper there will be much humor and copious amounts of pictures telling the story . . .

I would like to get to know the good folks on here and maybe if there is enough interest we can turn this into an annual event. We can always adjust the weekend too.

Welcome to the 4um!

Bag

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Morning!

We are just a month (ish) out from the Rrn -D-Voo, I am really looking forward to this event. We had some pretty major flooding here and I was wishing all were here for that as it was a BLAST playing in and around the water.

Anyway, looking for a headcount of those that think they are gonna be able to make it so I can start planning menu's and dressing up a camping area to accomodate all.

[

Thanks!!

Bag

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone? Mueller?

Bag

1 - 20 of 80 Posts