TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really scared rite now and can't sleep. I noticed a purple mark under the nail bed on my big toe. I just figured it was ingrown nail or something. I never new that you can get a form of melanoma under your nail. I have to see a dermatologist and foot Dr. to have a biopsy done. I know I gotta stay positive....it's just really scary because it's so rare,just hoping I cought on soon enough that it can be removed and treated. I do know no matter how cold it is tomorrow,I'll be getting out on one of my bikes for a ride. If i'm riding i'm not thinking...,just enjoying!!! God bless all the members on this forum and enjoy the rest of your weekend

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Yes, praying for you brother...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Having had to deal with the BIG C myself, the only advise I can give you is it isn't as bad as it seems. Right now you are the darkest before the dawn stage. It will get better. My experience was that I met the best people, ever, at their worst and made me realize that it is all manageable. Once you find out what it is, do your own research and find the different methods of treating it and choose whichever works for you.

Wishing you the best.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Have you thought about removing the toe? If it is not there it can't spread.
I had a really bad toe infection that simply would not respond to all the medical things the doctor tried.
I told the doc to take it off. He said you will walk funny. I said but at least I will walk, something I can't do now.
So he took it off, actually three of them. I walked funny until the pain of removal went away, then walked normal.
At least until the paralysis in my legs caught up with me. The paralysis is not related to the toe infection in any way.
It was going to get me no matter what. I'm just saying that, "If thy toe offendeth thee, cut it off." It is easy to live with one less toe.
Not so easy to live with cancer. And if it is not there, then no radiation or chemo is needed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Holdnon. First, Good luck. I've had melanoma so I get the worry. Mine was bigger than you described and actually had spread so I got poison in my veins and surgery. It was 10 years ago and I follow the developments closely and there are much better treatments now than even 10 years ago. If it is NOT melanoma, no problem at all, just a scare. EVEN IF it is melanoma, likely still a very minor problem. If it is small or is big but did not spread, you are OK. Not sure how they cut it out under a nail, but they are usually very shallow so not much to take out. And that is the end of it. If it spread, you will have to endure treatments, but you can. People do it every day. Treatments really are more effective too, in the worse case scenario. Sounds like riding will keep the bad thoughts out. Smart. Good luck sleeping in the mean time. Thinking of you.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone...I will keep you all posted,thanks so much for all the prayers and comments,wife and I got out for a short ride today and just what we needed,thanks again so much and God bless
Hold 'N' On

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dr. has confirmed today that it's not melanoma...They do want me back in couple months to check it and make sure the subungual hematoma is growing out...They also will do a full skin cancer screening of my body when I go back. Thank you so much for all the support you guys have given. It's so nice to know I have peeps in my corner. Thank you so much and God bless you all

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats. Really glad it was just a scare. Did they punch a hold in your toe nail to do a biopsy? That sounds downright rude.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Just before I became a tee, maybe a couple of years before, I was helping my grandfather tear the brick wall out of his canned fruit cellar.
two bricks cemented together fell from about head high and I clearly saw them hit point first on his toe. The explosion of profanity like I had never heard before
roared out thereby increasing my young vocabulary. All work stopped while gramps climbed out to tend his toe. The brick had scored a point first bullseye
on the center of the nail of the big toe and it was black and visibly swelling by the minute. The pain was intense and he began drilling in the center with a small pocket knife
to relieve the pressure that was causing such pain. It was so sensitive that he had to stop drilling with the knife. After enduring more pain he got a candle and pliers and a large paper clip. He straightened the paper clip and held it with the pliers in the flame until it glowed bright yellow. He then pushed it into the center of the toenail where he had been drilling.
The hot wire quickly burned through and a long stream of black blood squirted across the room as he gave a great sigh of relief. I learned three valuable lessons from this episode.
One was that when removing bricks from a wall, keep a hand on anything that moves. Two, when injured, take care of it immediately. And three, how to cuss imaginatively.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts