TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the rear disc conversion completed (with a few minor revisions to do). I'm pretty sure I have more fabrication time in the conversion, oil cooler fairing, etc that actual ride time, but hopefully I can do some riding this Summer. I have only rode it around the block just to see if the rear disc works (and it does), so I can't really make any definite conclusions yet, well, except I think it looks much cooler! You can see a longer thread on the parts I made for it here:

http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/8052-rear-disc-brake-conversion-w-i-p.html

For now, here are some pictures of the parts installed. The few things left to clean up are to make a better mount for the brake fluid reservoir and have a shorter hose made from the master cylinder to the caliper (probably a stainless braid one). Here are the pictures in no special order, let me know what you think.

:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks great. Will you be selling the hub to disc adapter?

The short answer is, "no". There would be too many variables like what disc and/or brake caliper used, the adapter would have to be specifically made. Also, I would not want to get into any liability issues of a brake component failing. I also only have a manual metal lathe, which means they would take me too much time to make it profitable if I even had the extra time to make them. This was really just a fabrication exercise to make something unique and cool for my bike, glad you like it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations on completing the project and thank you for sharing the whole process with us. I'm sure you know how envious we all are.

You're definitely a master fabricator in my book.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts

The short answer is, "no". There would be too many variables like what disc and/or brake caliper used, the adapter would have to be specifically made. Also, I would not want to get into any liability issues of a brake component failing. I also only have a manual metal lathe, which means they would take me too much time to make it profitable if I even had the extra time to make them. This was really just a fabrication exercise to make something unique and cool for my bike, glad you like it.

I totally understand. How about a parts list and a drawing for the adapter?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Break out the TROPHY !!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Randucci,

I begrudgingly offer my TDub for any other rear disc brake development. Or bigger tank fabricating, or kick start upgrades...:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts