TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i have just converted my Tw 125 from a rear drum to a disc, it looks so sick i used a Yamaha YZF-R6 Rear wheel and it fits lovely with ofcourse a little bit of fabrication i will upload pictures of it today if i can figure out how to do it.

Tell me what you think! (Scoll down for pics)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You will have been the SECOND. We had a former member do a rear disk...but we have not heard from him for a long time. Let's see the photos. I am sure it will be awesome.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I wanna see it, too. 17 inch rim with low profile tires might look cool on a sreeter.

Prolly lighter than that pig of a 14 we're stuck with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres the pic

Ofcourse I am Still busy with the bike as you can see, still going to put on R6 Front Forks and double disc wheel to match!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a disc looks so much better offcousre the brake will be very powerfull will be a one of a kind supermoto when I am done with it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanna see it, too. 17 inch rim with low profile tires might look cool on a sreeter.

Prolly lighter than that pig of a 14 we're stuck with.

Yeah so much lighter!!! You straight away fell the weight diffrence between the two it must be about between 35% - 40% lighter the the TW wheel!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The welding looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Interesting how you have the gear shifter as your brake pedal

Anyone out there thinking about putting a rear disk on the off-road TDub after seeing this?

I will volunteer my bike as a the guinea pig....only if it works at the end of course.

What year is the R6 that you are parting out from?

This should be a radical change from the norm.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The welding looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Interesting how you have the gear shifter as your brake pedal

Anyone out there thinking about putting a rear disk on the off-road TDub after seeing this?

I will volunteer my bike as a the guinea pig....only if it works at the end of course.

Its from a 99-02 R6.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Japblock

How difficult was it to mount the disk hardware onto the TW frame/swingarm?

I remember the one member that made the rear disk for his dirt TDUB, had a rear hard time putting the disk on the rear rim. Do you have any step by step photos of your conversion?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Japblock

How difficult was it to mount the disk hardware onto the TW frame/swingarm?

I remember the one member that made the rear disk for his dirt TDUB, had a rear hard time putting the disk on the rear rim. Do you have any step by step photos of your conversion?

I am afraid i dont have pics but all i did was purchase a 99-02 R6 Rear Wheel with The disc and sprocket and the Axle.

The axle fits almost perfectly in the swingarm, then i took the tdub axle and put it through the R6 Axle as the R6 axle is a tube but you have to open up the R6 axle on the nut side as it was just a bit to small for the tdub axle to slide right though and then i used Stainless tube to cut spacers.

And you have to have the rear brake caliper bracket as it just makes life so much easier, and if you didnt have that bracket you would have to do a lot of mods to the swingarm.

I also broke up the brake drum as i needed a bushing that was exactly the same size as the tdub axle for the otherside of the R6 Axle.

And for the brake caliper bracket mounting i just used a piece of square steel and just welding it to the frame and taped a hole threw it and that was it!

Hope that was helpfull?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Japblock,

I was just wondering if you have checked the chain alignment yet; and if so does it line up correctly?

No it didnt line up!

I had to bring the front sprocket in! But I used two sprockets to make one!

I welded a R6 14t Front sprocket to the standard 14t TW 125 sprocket and after that it lined up perfectly

1 - 20 of 33 Posts