TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i decided to build a rear rack for my bike. I got the idea for it from Yankee Prepper on you tube. It used 2 lengths of 1/2 EMT tube and a over lay plate 5x7 from Home Depot. I cut and bent all the parts and brazed the joints. The hardest part was getting the bends right with all the angles. I maked the rack 16 inches wide by 14 inches long to fit a crate from WalMart. I might say it took me a lot longer then thge Yankee Prepper. 001 (2).JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

·
Registered
816 Posts
nice work! I would highly recommend using tubing rather than EMT. Emt is pretty soft and galvanized. Those fumes are terrible for you! If you use 3/4x.065 tubing you will be able to use the same conduit bender with great results and the rack will be much sturdier.
Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr
Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm still working through my laundry list of committed projects. I still have a custom bed, truck cargo rack, and 4 crf250l racks to make on the big list. Unfortunately I discovered my pick up has a leak I need to fix too I'll keep at it in hopes of another run.
VG, I've been logging on to this forum daily for 2 months hoping to see a post from you announcing another run of Gorilla Racks...

·
Super Moderator
18,060 Posts
^^:laughing7:^^ Yeah, he better git with it!! :p
VG, I've been logging on to this forum daily for 2 months hoping to see a post from you announcing another run of Gorilla Racks...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
We met VG and his wife in Moab very nice couple. It was cool meeting all the members and putting faces to the names. If I break the sub frame on my bikes carrying the Roto pak and bags I will need different racks. Wait for winter I bet we see some more Gorrilla racks. He showed me his reinforced subframe there plus it is in the rack thread.

Nice rack too FB it's not as easy as it looks I'm sure.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice job, floridaboy! I considered making my own as well, and I was going to use emt.

After joining this forum though, I got a touch of "mod fever," and bought a CycleRack.... :rolleyes:

Vanillagorilla1, thanks for the info on the 3/4x.065 tubing! It's nice to know that will work in a conduit bender for future projects. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's cool Floridaboy. I would like to do one that would incorporate an AR15 carbine behind my right leg. Muzzle down at the passenger foot peg bracket and angled back similarly to the down tube on the rack you built.

·
Registered
207 Posts
gorilla 30 years a go I was a Welder in a little shop, We had a job where we had to weld on galvanized steal for about 3 Months, The company would give us Chocolate bars before every shift, they told us that it would help us from getting sick to our stomachs. I think it really is dangerous to breath to much of that stuff. I do steal to this day use Conduit for things like racks, its so cheap and easy to work with.

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
Chocolate won't cure metal fume fever, just tastes good.:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts