TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of the $69 racks being sold on ebay. Any good?

I like the Cycleracks, but I occasionally have a passenger, and I'm reading that it can be uncomfortable for the passenger with that rack.
I also like the Moose / Turbo City racks, but it seems they are no longer being made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sure like the Cyclerack on my 2011 TW.
My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical and I never had a second thought about throwing 50- 100
Welcome to the forum Big Jim!! :D
My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical. I never had a second thought about throwing 50-100 lbs on the rack, running up a country road and out through the pasture under all conditions. Cyclerack certainly held up better than my 1st intake valve!

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical and I never had a second thought about throwing 50- 100I sure like the Cyclerack on my 2011 TW.
My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical. I never had a second thought about throwing 50-100 lbs on the rack, running up a country road and out through the pasture under all conditions. Cyclerack certainly held up better than my 1st intake valve!

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I just removed a cyclerack from my '99 TW. Haven't decided whether to sell it or not. They are very stout, and the rear sub frame won't hold much weight without a well engineered rack. I don't haul much, so that's not an issue at this point. I don't think they weigh all that much, and our little mules can carry plenty, so I don't think that is an issue. I just didn't use it, so off it came. I bought a rack made by one of our members and haven't installed it yet, but it will be on one of my TW's. And my OEM rack will be on the other.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
I have always had a soft spot for a good rack, even on my bikes. Which one you buy depends pretty much upon what you want to carry as in how large and how heavy the load is. If you have the OEM stock rack just be careful because it is rated for around 15 pounds total and depends on the limited strength of the rear sub frame. The Cyclerack gets a much sturdier mount point from the rear foot pegs and can handle 100 pounds or more pretty easy. There are a few other factory made rack out here that might suit your needs as well and also a few members who have designed and made their own. I had one TW with the factory OEM rack and it would be fine for carrying a small gym bag or a gallon of extra fuel or milk and that's about it. I have had 6 TWs and all had the Cycleracks and I give them a big thumbs up. No experience with the others so I can't comment on any of them.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of the $69 racks being sold on ebay. Any good?

I like the Cycleracks, but I occasionally have a passenger, and I'm reading that it can be uncomfortable for the passenger with that rack.
I also like the Moose / Turbo City racks, but it seems they are no longer being made.

I recently bought a Moose Rack from a forum member. If it was used you can't tell and it looks brand new. Used it for the first time this past weekend. It replaced a "CycleRack" which broke at the mount which goes under the seat. This was the second time it broke below the repair weld in the same location. At least the welding job worked. I'm going to get the broken cyclerack rewelded again and keep it as a spare.

I don't have any useable pictures of the Moose Rack yet but I do kinda like that it's smaller. Time will tell how good it will be for my needs but I suspect it will be just fine.

You may still find one on ebay, craigslist, forum member etc.

www picture but mine's black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts