TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this picture on ebay . It appears the rear rack customization add on can help protect you in a rear end collision . !CD-R9n!!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!iUE0GshyQ4nBNQYfrN2C!~~_12.JPG

·
Registered
175 Posts
That is the Cyclerack, rear rack that many forum members have. American made in Idaho and they make them for a variety of motorcycles.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think it was one of my most important upgrades for my TW.
I can lift the bike to move it with the rack.
I can carry lots of gear for my extended/overnight rides
My turn signals are protected from the many drops I perform
Gives my riders somewhere to hold on when I'm 2-up
The bike looks bigger and beefier
I love supporting someone who took the risk to start a small business with a wonderful product.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Whilst that picture is undoubtedly a good endorsement of the rear rack in question, it only suggests that the rear rack could survive such a shunt.

The reality of such a situation (and I’m talking from experience here), is a very loud bang, followed by you watching either your bike flying off in front of you, or yourself still in the riding position but with no bike underneath. Either way – it sucks.

Been there – done that – got the tee-shirt ……..

The advantage of that particular rack is that it attaches to the rear pegs, not just to the (paltry) luggage load area on the sub frame.

As such – you can tow an Elephant with it.

Plus, of course, if your bike gets totalled, at least you get to keep the rack ………

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
It's an incredible picture! I love how the bike is totally and perfectly upright...but no kickstand!
I had a guy rear end my truck on a HD fatboy about 10 yrs ago and his was so wedged under my bumper that it didn't need a kickstand. Had to drive the truck off of it too it was so stuck. Thankfully the rider was fine, just pride very hurt. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will pay attention and not girl watch in rush hour traffic.

That seller has been using that pic for over a year.
Cyclerask has been using that same pic for a while too. On their website they tout it as a "safety feature". If i were them i don't think i would advertise it that way, it could get them sued. If someone were to be hit in a similar way and hurt they could go after them. In the litigious society we live in today its not out of the realm of possibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts