TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing technical here, just following up as there were different people expressing interest in different things regarding rear shock options and replacement attempts I've been messing with over the last couple months.

Banshee shock (off of pre 2006):
Works well, heavier riders will probably want a heavier duty spring, shocks go for about $100-160 on eBay. Will need spacers/washers to take up empty bolt space, requires minor mod to shock bracket on swing arm for reservoir clearance.

A766A0D9-32FC-4A50-8B34-260E6C375A80_1570645664107.jpeg

Worx Shocks Custom Shock:
Multiple follow up calls, won't have template parts to make custom shocks until after the new year, will run in the $600+ range.

Marvin Shaw Custom Shock:
Just finished testing and dial in with company, good dampening/rebound, nitro/oil setup, uses banshee dimensions, family run business out of Idaho, very easy to work with even for a novice like me. Runs $260, can customize color for $30. Schrader valve at top, clears the plate so adjustment is as easy as removing the seat. Tim from MSS has measurements and fluid levels for TW200 for those that were interested in ordering. No grinding/cutting needed. Easy fit, will need spacers/washers to shore up open space on shock bolts.

DA04F2C5-9874-44DA-A582-CA9549F54112_1570645744656.jpeg
*Paid extra $60 to get the body and shock powder coated black

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking forward to your report on off road performance.
It'll probably be next week before I take it on anything worse than a gravel road with some potholes. Other than being a little stiff for now, the bike already feels better with the stock shock out of there, no wheel scrubbing the seat... we shall see

I have a friend helping me with the front fork valve install and dampening rod drilling before I make any adjustments to the nitrogen in the rear shock... that way we can do the adjustments front and back all in one test ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts