TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

Recently i lifted the tail of my TW125 ('99) and broke my rear shock (yes, amazing) right at the base where the "cup"is conected

to the lower eye (i think this linking weld was far to thin anyway)so i need to buy a new rear shock.

the only thing i don't know is where to look for a knew shock.

i know a lot of the people here have banshee or blaster shocks (this is not what i am looking for since i don't have that kind

of money) but i am looking for an ATV or dirt bike replacement shock.

can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

,thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
In Canada they actually recalled the old TW's for that small weld. I've never heard of it actually breaking on anybody though. I've got one of the old style ones like yours if you need it, but otherwise have a look at this page.

Not sure if any of this is the same for a TW125, but I'd imagine it's gotta be pretty close.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
i tried to get yamaha usa to acknowledge the same shock was used on usa distributed bikes, and honor the recall..... ha. what was i thinking going against legal issues such as liability, fault, risk.... i bought a late model one two swap out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ASSQUATCH20.... I am interested in the old style rear shock that you posted about above. Is it still available? Thanks. h0zzer

·
Super Moderator
1,913 Posts
Go to the classified section and post a WTB rear shock. I'm sure someone has one sitting around collecting dust.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So from what year on did yamaha put the good shocks on? and is that the same year for the yamaha TW 125?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
So from what year on did yamaha put the good shocks on? and is that the same year for the yamaha TW 125?

I don't think anybody's sure, but it's been within the past 7-8 years. If you're not in America, you can go down to a dealer and get the replacement free I believe. Otherwise it's like $250 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts