TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

It appears my new-used bike has an issue. The rear turn signal lights don't seem to work at all. I assumed it needed bulbs but after replacing them (yes they are the proper rear bulbs and not the front bulbs) it doesn't work. Looking at the wiring under the rear fender I don't see any connectors just shrink tube stuff at the connections that leads to the main wiring harness. I was having an issue after going down some back roads with the bike on the back of the truck that I could not start the bike electrically but after a wash with the hose it works fine. I'm thinking it's an electrical issue of some kind because of this. Any ideas?

Ps it's an 06

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yea, somethings up with the wiring on those rear turn signals, I would throw a multi-meter on it to see what voltage you're getting at the turn signals, if it's nothing, get ready to expose all that wire under the subframe, the furthest subframe crossmember to the rear of the bike was where my first set of connectors were. Expose the wires, trace them out and make sure the connectors aren't rusted or broken. You might just have to run new wire if the stuff in there now is just garbage.

Did the turn signals work when you first got the bike? If not, maybe the connectors are just in the wrong spots, swap em around and see if they'll light up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that. I don't see any connectors, but I think I'll have to tear her down a bit.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In one of the Cannonball Rally movies - one driver rips off the rear view mirror stating to his passenger: "what'sa behind you - is'a not important!"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So these doohickies aren't there. I assume they keep dirt out of the assembly. After washing them out with the hose the left was working reliably and the right was working a bit but then not working. I am replacing it anyways since it was a bit damaged before I got it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts