TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so on Procycle's site it says- Here we have a new 19kg/mm spring red. The original spring is approximately 12kg/mm so this one is 60% stiffer. This is the spring we recommend for larger, heavier or aggressive riders. 225+ pounds so that would mean the stock one is for a 135 pound rider. 10874103_10204330299689691_316431661_o.jpg

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was looking to upgrade to the red spring also. I'm a heavier rider and use my TW to pack my tree stands and in the vicinity of 140 lbs. of apples for elk/deer bait in the fall. I've bottomed the rear spring a couple times on a particular dip in the road and realized it'd be nice if I had a little stiffer rear spring. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best type of compression tool to use? I see harbor freight has a coil compressor for around $15 but I've never actually swapped out coils. Seems straight forward yet slightly precarious.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The harbor freight one is most likely way too big for the rear spring on a TW, its built for a car spring. Rocky Mountain ATV sells a compressor that is suitable for a TW, its shown in the top picture.
Cool and thanks jb!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts