TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the after market rear sprockets thinner where the bolts go thru. [counter bored at the center] I want to try a 54 or 55 tooth. It looks like Yamaha only offers the 50 tooth.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I recently purchased a Sunstar 55T from Procycle and it did not have the recessed area similar to the JT sprockets. The bolt area is the full thickness as the rest of the sprocket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently purchased a Sunstar 55T from Procycle and it did not have the recessed area similar to the JT sprockets. The bolt area is the full thickness as the rest of the sprocket.

Now that is interesting. When I got the bike it had a 47 tooth Sunstar and it was recessed.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Are all the after market rear sprockets thinner where the bolts go thru. [counter bored at the center] I want to try a 54 or 55 tooth. It looks like Yamaha only offers the 50 tooth.

Just curious. What's your objection to the recess?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Chuddup, you!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
If we were running a 428-width sprocket with three times the horsepower I'd share your concern. The recessed versions were designed to reduce weight in steel sprockets without cmpromising strength. There is no real advantage to full-width steel sprockets. The old wive's tale applies to aluminum sprockets, which used to warp or break out their center sections if they were thinned in that area.

I hope that eases your mind and opens up more options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts