TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changing out the sprockets and chain. Purchased new DID X-ring chain and JT sprockets. I've purchased many JT sprockets and they always fit perfect, until now. The front is fine, but on the rear for some reason they have machined down the inside of the sprocket. Quick thickness check with the calipers the stock is about 0.265" thick, the JT is about 0.16" thick. The overall sprocket on the JT is about the same, its just the inside that's thinner. I dry fit and the shoulder on the sprocket bolts now sticks thru so I won't be able to tighten down the bolts properly.

Sprocket is a model JTR842-50 which says it fits a '91 TW200. The bolt holes lines up perfectly and the ID of the sprocket fits the hub perfectly, so I'm at a loss. Anyone offer any insight?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
This recessed area is pretty common on aftermarket sprockets. I believe that it is done to reduce the weight of the sprockets.

Just add some washers under the nuts and/or the bolt heads to allow full thread engagement.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
This recessed area is pretty common on aftermarket sprockets. I believe that it is done to reduce the weight of the sprockets.

Just add some washers under the nuts and/or the bolt heads to allow full thread engagement.
Any chance to shed rotating mass (weight) AND un-sprung weight is gold!
Improved suspension, braking & acceleration.
And, it's easier to pick up when you drop the bike.
It all adds up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts