TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done any up grades to the rear shock on the newer TW, 2017 or up. i'm thinking of coming back as i can not find a bike that is better than the TW 200

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?? does that mean nobody has fooled around with the rear shock or does this mean the rear shock on the newer TW's are out standing the way they are

·
Registered
535 Posts
nobody?? does that mean nobody has fooled around with the rear shock or does this mean the rear shock on the newer TW's are out standing the way they are
Lol, I haven’t had any issues with my stock rear shock... I might bottom out once in a great while when I’m not goi g over any crazy rocks or roots... which is surprising since I weigh almost twice what most people on the forum weight, but I spend a lot of time engaging my legs to dampen impacts....

As for rear suspension, there are a number of extensive posts on rear shock swaps, what works, what doesn’t, who used what from which bike or quad. Just search and there’s a ton of info.

Me, being bigger, I settled on a rear shock out of a banshee 350, I just got it yesterday and I’m cleaning it up a little before the install this week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lol, I haven’t had any issues with my stock rear shock... I might bottom out once in a great while when I’m not goi g over any crazy rocks or roots... which is surprising since I weigh almost twice what most people on the forum weight, but I spend a lot of time engaging my legs to dampen impacts....

As for rear suspension, there are a number of extensive posts on rear shock swaps, what works, what doesn’t, who used what from which bike or quad. Just search and there’s a ton of info.

Me, being bigger, I settled on a rear shock out of a banshee 350, I just got it yesterday and I’m cleaning it up a little before the install this week.

Where did you get your shock, how much was it?
I googled banshee shock and found a spectrum of things ranging from $60 on amazon to a $1,300 shock. Can you tell me the part number of the one you got?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Where did you get your shock, how much was it?
I googled banshee shock and found a spectrum of things ranging from $60 on amazon to a $1,300 shock. Can you tell me the part number of the one you got?
I got mine off of eBay. It came out of an 03 banshee.

PN: 3GG-22210-52-P0

I haven’t installed yet, so I can’t tell you changes to the geometry until it’s done (ride height changes, rebound and preload setting/measurements).

I make no claims about the fit, finish or modifications required as this will be my first time swapping out a shock on a bike.

Here’s the one I bought, ended up being $165

BF38F955-F47F-4242-AE5B-9428274CF54A_1566261957387.png

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doesn't the 2017 and up have three settings for the rear shock? If so, have you checked your setting? Possibly, you could adjust the setting to seek if the bike rides better for you.
Mikey

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well Greg, I'm only 180 lbs. and haven't had to do anything to the stock shock on my '18. I ride on some questionable terrain but I try to do it as sensibly as I can. I'm not invincible anymore so no need to ride like a hooker with a bad attitude.:nono: Just a stripper with enthusiasm.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Doesn't the 2017 and up have three settings for the rear shock? If so, have you checked your setting? Possibly, you could adjust the setting to seek if the bike rides better for you.
Mikey
Indeed it does, I’ll take some pics when I yank mine out.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Blake, if your willing to let go of your OEM shock PM me...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Greg, I'm only 180 lbs. and haven't had to do anything to the stock shock on my '18. I ride on some questionable terrain but I try to do it as sensibly as I can. I'm not invincible anymore so no need to ride like a hooker with a bad attitude.:nono: Just a stripper with enthusiasm.:thumbsup:
how do you think it would handle 2 up riding

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
has anyone done any up grades to the rear shock on the newer TW, 2017 or up. i'm thinking of coming back as i can not find a bike that is better than the TW 200
The "bang for the buck" solution seems to be the appropriate spring (for your weight) from ProCycle.
I like mine...works well with the RaceTech cartridge emulators.

Reactions: molochnik

·
Registered
41 Posts
From my 2020 TW, I sent my shock to Racetec for a heavier spring & they put a different seal head in it. Rides higher in the stroke, actually has damping, & made a night to day difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had my 2019 TW front and rear done at Race-Tec. Only road it a few miles so far. Front is great but rear seams stiff so far. Bike only has 20 miles on it

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You guys are saying "Racetec" and "Race-Tec".
I assume you meant "Race Tech"?
Racetec and/or Race-Tec seem to be about pistons.

Race Tech is suspension.
I had my forks set up with their Cartridge Emulators and springs.
Installed their shock spring appropriate to my weight.

The guy who did the work has a small, franchised MX suspension shop.
He also set sag, etc. and did a great job.

It transformed my bike, as expected. I also got to watch & ask questions.
Highly recommended!

Reactions: Pilot Jet 34

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The "bang for the buck" solution seems to be the appropriate spring (for your weight) from ProCycle.
I like mine...works well with the RaceTech cartridge emulators.
sorry Darth, but the procycle springs only work on bikes 2016 and older, that is why i was asking

270 Posts
I had the stock rear spring swapped out for the white one they sell on ProCycle. Next step is to take it to my suspension guy and have him re-valve the shock. Crap, sorry...forgot mine is a 2015 and you’re looking for 2017 and up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts