TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Lots of threads on the rear. I can't believe you never came across one; having perused the 899834309898 front tire threads. Keep reading.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Really? Where?

You know why people tend to ask the question instead of reading 28 page threads? They do it because they don't want to read through non-essential responses that have no substance.

Likewise, you know why I lurked for 5 years before posting? I didn't want to read non-essential responses that have no substance.
Just Google 'rear tires TW200' like I just did. Tons of info to be found...

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
Also, is there a thread somewhere that gives the full run down on the Duro rear tire swap? As far as I can tell, this is my only other option.

Nope

Lots of threads on the rear. I can't believe you never came across one; having perused the 899834309898 front tire threads. Keep reading.

It will come in handy to recognize humor when you see it.

But to help steer you in the direction you seek...

I put a Ceros on my stock rim. It was a struggle very similar to the folks who put on the Duro. Well worth it grip wise but it was a struggle. It was hard to get on the rim and what I'd say was dangerous airing up to seat the bead. When I wear mine out I plan on the trailer wheel mod like I did on my wife's TW. With a smaller rim your options expand if you want an ATV tire. Size and tire type are very limited in the 14" ATV Tire size. If you like to read, Wrench-Puller wrote a very funny story of mounting his Ceros: http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/18262-done-last-now.html

Member 1911Garand mounted a Carlisle ATV tire and seems to be very happy with it. He's the only member I can think of off the top of my head to do so. http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/29178-new-tire-choices.html

Below in the "Similar Threads" it may list more threads for you to read on the topic.

Another option is to use a google search which may be better than the search function here on the forum: (site:TW200forum.com Rear Tire Choices). Replace "Rear Tire Choices" with the search words you would like, similar to what Blockhead did.

A lot of folks have done a lot of hard work and shared it with us. Good luck and may the search be with you. :p

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Really? Where? .
Google for starters

You know why people tend to ask the question instead of reading 28 page threads? They do it because they don't want to read through non-essential responses that have no substance.
And presumably you view Google with the same contempt ?

Likewise, you know why I lurked for 5 years before posting? I didn't want to read non-essential responses that have no substance.
You were growing a beard ?

Unfortunately (for some), most of the threads on here have at least one “response of no substance” — we kinda like it that way — gives the place more of a “community feel”

Now then — I have wasted enough of your time responding with no substance — but, you see, I sensed some sort of “friction” developing between yourself and some of the other members. They simply didn’t understand why a grown man was so reluctant to do his own research.

Thanks for clearing that up ........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Excellent!

The cool thing with the Carlisle Terrathon (26x8-14) is that it is OEM on some Polaris ATVs - so when folks switch them out for big mud tires on ATVs, craigslist is full of them for cheap $$! Like new "take-offs".

I am a big fan of the 26x8-14 size, it fits right with 0 modifications and retains a round crown profile (not a big and flat tread area).

The 26x8-14 is a FRONT tire on ATVs.

Good Luck and post you choice and outcome!

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
Man, and I thought I was being helpful and I got a thanks dad I thought you had died comment.

I hope you go back to lurking if you're gonna be like that, Geez.

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Difficult to tell from text only comments – too many chances for misunderstanding – but I think the writing is on the wall in this case

One thing I dislike the most, is when someone edits their posts a day later, then calls you out for not paying attention

Anyway – he’s on R&R for 7 days – let’s see what happens …….

·
Registered
326 Posts
I live at the base of the San Gabriel/San Bernardino mountains. The trails I ride on mostly decomposing granite. Which varies from basketball to baseball sized rocks down to very fine sand. Some Creek crossings, which may or may not have running water in them. And I can go from about 1000'-8800' in elevation in a couple hours ride from my garage. I can't really comment about hideous mud but for just about everything else the stock rear tire is a good compromise. I'd have to see the terrain that it doesn't work in or at least be able to cross. Including the street. Is it better than a full desert knobby or super grip street tire? No, but it is a very well rounded tire. I'd only try a trials like rear tire if one was available. Every other choice seems like too much of a compromise either on the street or in the dirt.

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
Admiral, kindly confirmed that the thread doesn't exist” -No! What Admiral kindly confirmed was that there are many other rear tire options. Please pay attention Lurker.

We try to be nice friendly helpful folks here but there are limits to the acceptance of unwarranted insults. All those criticized posts were actually trying to deliver substance; not just to address the immediate question at hand but also to point out how to rapidly one can do effective research oneself. Geez.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts