TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased my 2003 on July 28, 2019 I was surprised to find I had ridden it just over 1900 miles in my first year. How much fun can a person have?
Anyway, I now need a new rear tire and would like recommendations. I usually need to ride on hard surface roads to get to my preferred country gravel roads. May be moving to Branson, MO which is in the middle of The Ozark Mountains so not as much hard surface. I am NOT a real established dirt rider unfortunately, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

BTW my pilot screw/speedo cable contraption has not come “unglued” even after several adjustments.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The stock front was unnerving on highway rain groves, but stock rear did well.
How has yours performed?
3-No Outlet was circumvented.JPG

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I did miss the fat tire when I had the XT250

·
Registered
736 Posts
For your stated conditions - I think you would be best off with a brand new TW34. Most people only run a different rear tire if they spend more time on the street and go with the TW204 rear tire. If more time is spent in extreme off-road conditions, then the ATV tire route is taken. There is no better all-around rear tire for the TW200 then the TW34 - it's fantastic in 90% of all scenarios.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock front was unnerving on highway rain groves, but stock rear did well.
How has yours performed? View attachment 207336
We don't have any rain grouved roads in Missouri that I know of, but the bike tracks well enough for the kind of riding I do. Have always been a street rider for my first many years of riding. Have only been riding enduros for the last 15 or so and am too old to get agressive, fun though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For your stated conditions - I think you would be best off with a brand new TW34. Most people only run a different rear tire if they spend more time on the street and go with the TW204 rear tire. If more time is spent in extreme off-road conditions, then the ATV tire route is taken. There is no better all-around rear tire for the TW200 then the TW34 - it's fantastic in 90% of all scenarios.
Thanks, I had been thinking in that direction and will ordering one from somewhere soon. These bikes are so much fun I wish I had learned to ride dirt ages ago.

Ron Dallmeyer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts