TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
There are steel/aluminum hybrid sprockets, I shopped around for some a while back, aluminum core and steel teeth section. Nobody makes one that fits the t-dub last time I checked. Maybe someone does now or would make a custom one if you are really working on getting the weight down.

Example:

Bicycle part Gear Rim Bicycle drivetrain part Auto part

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There are steel/aluminum hybrid sprockets, I shopped around for some a while back, aluminum core and steel teeth section. Nobody makes one that fits the t-dub last time I checked. Maybe someone does now or would make a custom one if you are really working on getting the weight down.
I've looked but haven't found one either. I did lighten the 47T JTR steel sprocket a bit before mounting.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You better not ride off road in the mud. You may pick up 10lbs of mud in all of those holes. I hope the holes don't weaken up your swing arm.
Don't know for sure if it weakens the arm, but most likely it does. At long as it don't break (or fill with Oklahoma red clay) my experiment will be a success. Its an extra, so if it fails I have the original.

Since vwbobby is gaining such momentum in the weight loss program we could be positive & suggest filling drilled out swing arm with expanding foam rather than mud.
Wet red clay sets up like a brick. :)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts