TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Harley-Davidson Motor Co. said in documents that gas bubbles can cause the clutch master cylinder to lose its ability to fully disengage the clutch, especially if the bike has been parked for a long time.
No big deal, how many Harleys actually spend time parked? Harley riders love to ride, I can tell because I see a ton of Harley Davidson stickers on the backs of pickup trucks every day while I'm riding to work.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ill play :) My sporty is by far the most reliable, easiest to maintain, most smiles on my face bike Ive ever owned in the last 35 years. I will say Im not a Harley guy.............Im a sportster guy. Just ask any "real" Harley guy.......they will tell you.....a sporty is not really a Harley. :)

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I will say Im not a Harley guy.............Im a sportster guy. Just ask any "real" Harley guy.......they will tell you.....a sporty is not really a Harley. :)
I felt that way once. Even felt compelled to explain; "it's a 1200 Sportster not 883". This didn't go very far either.

Sometimes I mumble to myself about having to replace a clutch cable, after reading about the recall, not so much. Tell me there's no "fly by wire" clutches yet!

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Sportster is still my favorite H-D. It is the strongest motor they make (not the most H.P.-the most durable). Nothing ever goes wrong with them internally, unlike the big twins that they're constantly changing (cam set-up, cam chain tensioners, etc...). The biggest change of late was 11 yrs. ago! (rubber mounted it).

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? Placement of the dirtbag.......Ok, just on old joke I heard and told a customer years ago. She was not amused....LOL. Love the Sportster and would love to get one. The TDub just sucks on the open road.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I guess I'm an asshole then..... :)

And when I ride one of the BMWs , I'm a douchebag.... :)

Not hating or dissing anyone's choice of ride...
Makes no difference how you get yourself in the wind...

Hell, one of my friends just got a Slingshot....

Life is too short to hate because of make and model.
Learn to hate on a person by person basis.
You'll be surprised how many nice people there are out there. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Excuse me I must have stumbled onto the wrong thread... and at grave risk of being a pariah, reminds me of the old saying that there's 2 kinds of motorcyclists: Those that ride a Harley...
and those that wish they did. :p

My 50 year old Harley sees the back of a trailer but my '13 never has and its more comfortable than many cars at 80 MPH. But to each their own I guess. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well if Harley would put out a bike that I actually wanted to ride at a price I could actually afford then I'd think about it.
Until that day arrives (and I'm not holding my breath over here) no, I do not wish to ride a Harley.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts