TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was offered a job today for when I retire in 10 months starting out at $120,000 a year for planning and running a small crew installing natural gas lines to pool heater he has a lot of pool companies he runs lines for.
My old dive buddy owns the plumbing company. Big Steve I took him to the Bahamas last year I think this helped. 11119869_10205217967760838_33180821_n.jpg Big Steve on the right.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Big Steve clearing his ears and my left eye. GOPR0094.JPG and the Boat above.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure you are asking for advice, but you did post on the forum.

Just a thought for you. Considering relative value.

I retired 8 years ago.
Like you, I made plans to save and invest, and should be OK. I have diversified and strategized to let the market do its thing, but assuming it doesnt go totally bonkers, I am over the top for my lifestyle.

Now, if I had worked those past eight years, and earned say $120K per, that would be an extra $960K in the mix.
Lets say I saved half after taxes and costs...$480,000!! Almost half a million dollars!

Heres the thing....

The extra $480K, which I did not need, could not be exchanged for:

One year,

one month,

one week,

not even one second...

....of the retirement time that I was working and saving for!

A big part of those eight years would have been lost, and those were years of health and opportunity to live life, to do what I had wanted to do. What I had planned to do.
Those were years that my wife and I travelled, spent time together, went out for trips on our boat.
Mornings we slept in and listened to the rain. Trips we extended a few days just because we could...
Those are years we can never have again.

Like I said, just a thought...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts