TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the recent mods I have added to the bike in the last month. I bought the ebay hand-guards, I wish they were bigger but they do their job. I really like the carbon fiber look. I put maddog seat cover on. Installed volt meter, 12v All weather power supply and handlebar mount for Garmin GPS, battery tender pigtail. Mounted a set of Rigid Duallys on the Front forks where the reflectors were. At some point I would like to build a bracket. I need to install a marine switch for the lights somewhere, I've just got the switch wedged for now. I still need to do a true night time picture. They are bright as hell! I bought the bag supports from cycleracks. Going to try out some close-out saddle bags for now. I'm ready for some back country trail riding!

View attachment 7068 IMG_4005.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
My oregon 450 gps is wired to the batt with a batt tender cradle, and the sae to USB adapter. My wire is tucked behind my fairing when not in use. I also use extreme Velcro to attach a batt pack to the hand guard so that the gps doesn't require an action when the bike loses power.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My oregon 450 gps is wired to the batt with a batt tender cradle, and the sae to USB adapter. My wire is tucked behind my fairing when not in use. I also use extreme Velcro to attach a batt pack to the hand guard so that the gps doesn't require an action when the bike loses power.
Nice setup and pics. Is that a ram mount for your GPS? I like that alot better than mine. I bought mine off of ebay.(cheapy) Yea I thought about using the tender cable for power but had already bought the plug. I'm thinking extreme velcro or double sided tape for the Rigid light switch. I kinda thought I would run them and see if they work, if not I will put them on my pickup.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes it is a ram mount and I LOVE it! Mainly because of the dual rubber balls working to eliminate vibration, and that I can do a quick rotate of the screen for better views with the TFT sunlight readable display. I attached a stainless steel broom handle clamp set to my action packer that I have found insanely useful for axes, metal detectors, fishing poles, and yard tools.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
of course it says RAM on picture when I look at it up close. I've used those mounts on other equipment. They are good mounts, I think I will order one for Oregon 400t, It would be better than almost rubbing tank. I will say I've never seen a blue shield up close but it is growing on me. Nice pics thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
image.jpg
I love the blue shield too, but I like the smoke on yours because of all of the yammy blue on the 14's. 2006, 2007, and 2014 are my favorite color years. I was going to buy a 14 new, but found mine as a certified used from a yamaha dealer with 100 miles on it. Not a scratch on it, and just had a carb clean, oil change, and a 20 point inspection prior to sale. With a warranty, so I couldn't go wrong for half the money!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts